marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
shatsac said:
I was wondering if when I installed my v-force reeds on a kx125 with a DEP pipe, would you need to rejet your carb.

Well you dont have to but to get the more outta the V-force you should.. I think you either had to change the pilot or just the fuel screw.. I had one on my 00yz125 but cant remember what i adjusted, but yes, to get the most out of it you should.

Did you already jet it with the pipe yet?

shatsac

Jan 25, 2004
The previous owner had it jetted perfectly. The bike runs crisp but I'm trying to get a little more out of it...I figured if I added reeds and maybe a racing ignition i'd get a little more punch. Isnt there some kind of jetting computer that sensing you fuel/air mixture like an o2 sensor and tells you the exact adjustment that need to be made?

DYSTURBED828

Jan 27, 2004
yep its your eyeball. take the plug out after doing seperate runs on flat ground.
first run..... wide open shut the motor down with it wide open then stop and check.
remove the plug and take a good look at the insulator (oh btw start with a fresh plug)
if it is gray you need a fatter/richer jet (bigger) if it is black you need to go leaner (smaller) on the main jet. the ideal color is a tan to brown on the white insulater.
you will probably be running a little lean right now after the pipe and reeds.

Top Bottom