bttow49

Aug 24, 2009
hi guys i'm hoping to get some words of wisdom here.i have a 89 kdx 200 and haveing problems with the float sticking and gas pooring out when im riding.I have dissembled this thing looking for reasons it would do that and i have checked the floats for cracks and holes i have checked the pin to see f it had burs or anything and it is smooth i cant seem to find anything wrong so im hoping that this may have happened to so of you and you were able to see something that i haven't i have the keihin pwk35 stock jets.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
what is the height?

Dirtdame

Apr 10, 2010
If you have checked the float height and it seems alright and the tip of the float seat needle and it isn't damaged, check the float needle valve by putting your carb back on the bike with the bowl off. Hold the float arms up and turn on the gas. If it looks like the float arms should be closing the needle into the seat and gas keeps pouring through anyway, you could have a bad o ring on the needle valve seat assembly. If so, the needle tip won't shut the gasoline off, because it is flowing around the outside perimeter of the seat itself. :nod:

Top Bottom