cicone

Sep 29, 2003
Many of my jetting posts have been on the lean side. Just put Allen bolts in the carb bowl to facilitate jet changes. While in there, replaced the intake boot and put hoses on the carb vents for the first time. My jetting seems to have changed??? Do the hoses really make this much difference?? Seems like it's suddenly running richer. Any thoughts on this??

MadArrow

Sep 8, 2003
Did you replace the boot on the engine side of the carb? If the old was cracked, the new one would deffinately run richer. I am also curious about the vent hoses.

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
it shouldnt make a difference, because all they do is equal the space of the gas with air. When a liquid is removed from a container, air has to take its place. I believe thats all these do, so they shoul dhave no affect on jetting.

cicone

Sep 29, 2003
Mad Arrow, The intake boot was all cracked on the outside, but not through.
I was thinking that it was a little richer because it would be harder for the air pressure to equalize going through 8"s of very narrow tubing. Went out today with gatorkdx and we tore up some significant ground---though his creek crossing fetish will have me bringing some tools on the next run to breathe life into his flooded bike---all went well though, other than him being wet from the neck down. One of the more fun rides we've had. His cr250 pulls very strong and steady from 7-11 grand while my kdx is very torquey down low at say 4-5 grand and then lights the pipe from about 6-10,000 rpm. the weather and the bike were perfect today.

Top Bottom