KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
It has been a looooong off season.
Only four days to go before we head to Tracy, CA for the Hillclimb.
There will be a professional video crew there who will be filming the entire season for a new video/movie.
We hired Freelance Journalist Mark Kariya to cover the event ( sorry it didn't work out FC22 :) )
Everyone is really Jazzed up going into this season, it is like folks are just re-discovering what a great sport hillclimbing is.
We will be there to sign up AMA & NAHA memberships.
Our one son will be riding the CR250 in a couple of classes. Leaving the Triumph home.
Any body else going ? :cool:

------------------

Ken & Diane James
AMA Field Reps #869
*AMA-Cycle.Org*
*PRO-Hillclimbers*

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
I would like to try and get in Sunday to watch. Is the course mapped out yet? The hill behind the atv track looks like a good vertical climb. Skips website is down now, or something.

------------------
'99 XR400R '95 300EXC

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
Sunday is when the big boys get to play. :)
No idea what hill they will run, last year they were overwhelmed on Sunday with so many entries they had two hills running at the same time--really cool!
I sent Skip an e-mail about his site being down, have not heard back from him.

------------------

Ken & Diane James
AMA Field Reps #869
*AMA-Cycle.Org*
*PRO-Hillclimbers*

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
Kali, That would be great to meet you and Kevin.
I will not be riding but my son will be in the 250 Exhibition Class. We have not put numbers on his bike yet.
Diane and I will be doing sign up out of the back door of our white enclosed trailer with big AMA decals on three sides.
Here is a picture of some folks that look like us. :)

It is going to be a long week! Be careful at the enduro and stay out of the poison oak - all I have to do is think of it and I start itching. ;)

------------------

Ken & Diane James
AMA Field Reps #869
*AMA-Cycle.Org*
*PRO-Hillclimbers*

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
Wow, those guys could really climb hills fast out there today. Looked like the Whitlocks sealed up the best times, I didn't stay all day to see results. Would not want to drag one of those hogs back down the hill, like so many were doing. After viewing this event all other hills look so tame. Managed to take a few pics from 3 different hills. Keep up the good work KWJams.
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1539785&a=12396236&f=0

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
I also went to watch on Sunday and it was a lot of fun! First hill climb ever for me, and was surprised at how many people were there. Looked briefly for you, KW, but there was a lot going on and I had no idea where to start looking.

The skill of the riders and the speed of the machinery was very impressive. Seemed like a well organized event, good conditions (the wind was blowing the dust away). For me, it was more fun to spectate at the hill climb than the recent Arena Cross in Oakland.

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
Here we are---just drug our tails in the door. :) Round trip total of 1,650 miles with the average price for a gallon of gas @ $1.80 :eek: it will take a while to heal up from this trip.
Record crowds both days and so many entries they had to run two hills simultaneously which was a real treat.
We had riders from nine western states and two provinces of Canada there competing.
What is amazing is the amount of skill these guys displayed. Imagine that you have a four hundred pound-plus bike putting out around 150-175HP (estimate) pinned in third or forth gear screaming up a 80 degree inclined -- roughed up --rutted hill with embedded boulders in it and they have to loft their front wheel over the 3-4' vertical ledge. :cool:
Sorry to miss you DBD, and Kali :), great to meet you Fremontguy, sorry that I was not able to visit very much.

------------------

Ken & Diane James
AMA Field Reps #869
*AMA-Cycle.Org*
*PRO-Hillclimbers*

H

helpme

umm what date is it???

hey you guys umm im woundering what date the hill climbs are at in tracy is it july 29 and 30 ?

Top Bottom