Carnegie or Metcalf this Saturday Oct. 15?

bocataking

Aug 30, 2005
Hello everyone. Are any of you NorCal folks out there interested in riding at either Carnegie or Metcalf this Saturday with a begginer? I have been riding solo the past few weeks and think I have the hang of it enough to want some company now.

I was planning on getting out to ride mid to late morning (meet out there about noon or so)- - no need ripping myself out of bed at the crack of dawn to go to one of the local spots. But I could be persuaded either way.

Let me know.

braaptimebaby

Oct 12, 2005
I'll be there with my son

I always like to find people to ride the back hills with. My son still won't go over. I like to climb as many hills as possible and do a little trail riding back there.

If you are interested, let me know how to find your truck/car and give me a time to meet you. We always camp so we'll be there early to get a good spot. Why Carnegie and not Hollister?

bocataking

Aug 30, 2005
I had thought about Carnegie instead of Hollister because of how close it is. I keep my bike in San Leandro, so from there Carnegie is really close compare to Hollister, plus I haven't ridden at either place, so its all new to me.

But if you want to meet up there at like lunch time - say 12:30 or so I would love to have someone to ride with. Since you know the area better than I, maybe you could point me to a place to park where it would be easy to find me. I'll be in a white chevy pick up.

braaptimebaby

Oct 12, 2005
Meet me at my truck

I'll be at the campground - just ask at the front or at Skip's and they will point the way. I have a white Chevy longbed single cab with a snugtop lid on the back. The back window has a Honda and Fox sticker in center and some snow board stickers on left side and a FDNY sticker and Burton cow on right side. I also tow a 3 rail trailer without a license plate (too lazy to put it on yet).

If I am out riding just park next to me if you want. I'll try to come back on a regular basis to check if you have arrived.

By the way, Carnegie is mostly hill climbing whereas Hollister is mostly trail riding. Can you climb hills?

Michael

bocataking

Aug 30, 2005
Well . . . thanks to your information about Carnegie being all hill climbs, i went and did some research on Thumpertalk.com and I think I might be in over my head there. From what I read, its all steep and rocky terrain . . . so the answer to your question "can I climb hills?" is probably not that kind. Between the terrain and the two way traffic on the trails i think i'm better off getting in some more time on my bike before I try to tackle that place. I wouldn't want to hurt someone else because I was in over my head.

So thanks for the offer to ride with you this weekend, but I think I'll be better served waiting untill I have some more experience, and maybe go ride the trails down at hollister next weekend. They seem to be more suitable to someone my skill level. For now . . . its back to Metcalf for another week.

Thanks for the info though . . .you helped me sort out where I should be for now :cool:

Enjoy your weekend with your son.

ScottYZ250

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
Don't be afraid...

Man,
I wish I saw this post last week. Yes, Carnegie has some of the toughest hill climbing in the state, and some very challenging trails too. That being said, do not let stories on the internet scare you off Carnegie. I learned to ride at this park, and if you are riding with people that know the area, you'll be fine.

I'd love to meet you out there, maybe sometime in November. There are lots of trails at Carnegie that you would enjoy riding, and would also let you see what the park has to offer you when your skills improve. Sometimes it's fun to ride to different places and just watch the people who ride better than you playing in different sections of the park (hills/road jumps/etc).

PM me if you want to hook up and ride sometime. You won't get in over your head, I promise!

Mar 9, 2004
Just saw your note, I would have met you at Metcalf for some riding... maybe another time. We've been so busy lately there hasn't been any riding and I'm itchin to go!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom