Carolina Adventure World; any opinions?

wanaride

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2003
I'm thinking about taking my kids to CAW this coming weekend. I haven't heard any real reports from park visitors yet, and considering that the drive will be >100miles one way, I want any advanced information I can get.

Has anyone been there, and if so, would you comment on your experience there?

wanaride

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2003
MX tracks and trails, as well as a ton of other stuff when they finish it. I'm curious about what they have NOW, however. Their grand opening was the last weekend in April and they are only open on the weekends until they complete construction in the fall.

SC_Rider_427

Feb 20, 2007
I was thinking about going up there on the weekend they opened, but i was not sure how good the mx track was, i know it was designed by dirt wurx.

SC_Rider_427

Feb 20, 2007
Yeah im suprised as well, i was hoping to check out CAW, but im not going to spend 25 bucks to get in and find out its not what i was hoping for. Maybe once they are open for a little longer, someone will be able to share what its like down there.

F

fun place

Hello! I have been to CAW multiple times. We live in Concord and it takes about 1 1/2 hours to get there. Depends on traffic mostly around downtown Charlotte. We are going down this Saturday, the 12th.

It is definately going to be a nice place with great facilities when completed. When we were there on the grand opening weekend the Welcome Center was almost finished and it looks beautiful.

They do have MX tracks. As far as I can tell they are very nice. (I ride a 4 wheeler) They did let sport ATV's on the track for a while on the grand opening weekend. But they were taking photos for a brochure, so I don't know if sport ATV's will be allowed all the time, or if that was a special occasion.
Another thing, the maps of trails are great. Easy to read and accurate. The trails are well marked. Most of the time we don't even read the map, we just GO! There are signs directing you back to the parking lot also.

So. Now that I've practically bowed down and kissed CAW's feet so to speak -- I recommend making the trip down. It's a fun place, and worth the money.

wanaride

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2003
THANKS! More questions for you...
How would you rate the place for beginning riders between 6-12 years old?
Are there dedicated places for beginning riders to ride?
Can beginning riders handle the trails?
Are the trails one way?
Is this mostly an ATV park?

F

fun place

Plenty of areas for the younger ones to learn. There's a junior moto track. If the place isn't busy you could let them ride in the parking lot a bit. There are Green, Blue, and Black trails. Green:easiest. Black:hardest. Trail 6 is a pretty good one for learners, as well as 5. (both green) The service roads would be good places to take beginners to get "the feel". I would start on those then work up to some trails. 6 runs on a service road for a bit, then it's partly trail. I have a younger brother who is 13 and he rides green and blue on an 80cc dirt bike.
One way trails: Yes. There are one way trails. There are also some two ways. The two ways have speeds marked 10-15mph. If you go to the website, and click on Amenities, there's a link to the trail map.
As for it being a mostly ATV park.. well.. I would say it's probably 40/60 dirk bike/atv. Dirt bikes go where ATV's go.
Another thing that you may be interested in is their Canopy Tour. Basically they harness you to a cable and you fly through the woods. I know that's not everyone's idea of fun, but it looks great to me! A guy I talked to yesterday who was working on it said it should be open the end of this month, beginning of next.

Any more ?'s :)

SC_Rider_427

Feb 20, 2007
I went down there today, the MX track was not open, and i was not able to get a look at it :bang: , I did check out the enduro course, looks very nice from what i can tell. As for the trails, i thought they were great, very well marked, many different trails for different levels, i found some very fun hill climbs on the most advanced trails, it was a blast down there. Im a MX guy who doesn't usually ride trails, and i loved it. I will definitely be going back.

Top Bottom