Nath

Jun 28, 2003
What does everyone do when they need an extra fuel

What brand of octane boosters do people use when only normal unleaded is available?

Luke501Berg

Sep 24, 2003
Nath

Just buy yourself a 5 litre jery can & carry it in your back pack - then fill up your tank asap with the fuel.

Otherwise plan your rides better or get a bigger tank (maybe)

zero_it

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2000
When I'm stretched a bit on fuel range I carry about 2 quarts of pre-mix in a Platypus bladder. It fits nicely in my MSR drink system holder back to back with the drink bladder. I put the extra gas into my tank as soon as possible to get the weight off my back. Works great and gets me an extra 12 to 15 miles.

In the past I've carried a little bottle of 2-stroke oil in my air box for remote gas-ups. You could do the same with octane booster if you feel the need.

bushpilot

Dec 29, 1999
I have seen desert racers carry a small bleach bottle(1 quart or half a gallon size). The kind with the handle molded into the bottle. They hook the handle through their fanny pack belt. Kind of reminded me of a rolling bomb. There are good solutions like a bigger tank or auxillary tank. Motorcycle riding is dangerous enough without tempting fate.

Wayne

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I've resorted to carrying 2 liter soda bottles of premix in a back pack. It always made me nervous that I was riding with a bomb on my back so I filled the tank at every rest stop.

Nath

Jun 28, 2003
The platypus bladder sounds like a fantastic idea. Does anyone now if its fuel safe?

I am not to sure about carrying 5 lires of fuel on my back.

zero_it

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2000
I've used the Platypus a few dozen times with no problems. I've never even flushed it out, so it's basically been sitting with a trace of fuel in it for about two years. The last use was about a month ago, no worries. The cap seals real tight and the plastic is quite heavy construction.

Top Bottom