tristan68

Mar 14, 2001
went to elsinore to do our usual riding off lake street, but the road was blocked off so we couldn't get in, i saw a couple of people up there who rode around the road closed sign but i didn't have a 4x4. so we went to central exit area. The MAN showed up very pissed, apparently someone on a yamaha did doughnuts in front of him and roosted him.
unluckily for my riding buddy, he happens to be riding a yamaha too. got cuffed and was told he was going to jail, get his bike impounded, for exhibition of speed in front of an officer and riding on private property.
the only way my friend (a beginner like myself) could do a doughnut and roost somebody is in his dreams. we tried to explain it wasn't us, the MAN didn't buy our story so now he and my other friend are in cuffs on their knees, explaining that we have no skills, even showed the bike purchase which was two days before we went riding. I got a flat tire earlier in the day so i was in regular street clothes and my bike was already on the trailer, he didn't cuff me. I guess the cop calmed down a little and felt my friends bikes, and they were very cold since they stopped riding when i got my flat. he then was convinced it wasn't us and let us go, didn't even give us a ticket for riding on private land. he kind of lightened up, but took their names in case we are found on the premises again.
so no more elsinore for us. and i really liked that riding area. and whoever taunted that cop in the blue yamaha and silver helmet, you really got him pissed off. that wasn't very nice!! he was so mad he cuffed my friends wrists so tight he still had indentions on his skin from the cuffs.

------------------

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Say it aint so!

My favorite and colsest place to ride and some idiot is going to ruin it for the rest of us. I have never had the law run me out of there.

I'm sure that if the guy on the Yamaha stopped for the cop he would have gotten a warning and you and your friends would not have had to endure all the crap the cop gave you.

Tristan - next time you ride let me know.
Where to ride now?

------------------
It always gets worse before it gets better.

tristan68

Mar 14, 2001
where to ride now is the big question, since my friends names were taken down, they don't dare go to elsinore anymore, looks like i gotta pay to play at the tracks now, and start looking at designated areas. i think we are gonna check out a track originally called adrenaline in victorville or the perris track this weekend, tracks are fun but its not the same as free riding out there in openland with big hills and interesting trails to follow your fellow riders and wonder where you end up at.

------------------

Rogue

Dec 25, 2000
There are 3 designated riding areas in the Victorville area. Each is separated by a very small divider. Put them together and they are about 70 miles wide!! Run net searches on: El Mirage; Stoddard Wells; and Johnson Valley.

------------------
It is allright to be afraid. Ya just can't let fear dictate your actions.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Try the Stoddard Wells area just north of Victorville. It's right off the freeway and the ramps that lead to the legal areas are well marked.
You'll find miles of open terrain, single track, rocky hillclimbs, sand washes; and a short ride up to Lenwood will net you a Tommies burger, In-N-Out, KFC, etc.
You'll find everythimg from expert to beginer stuff out there, and it's only about 5 miles past the MX track!

------------------

tristan68

Mar 14, 2001
thanks for the info, on the designated areas, i would figure i need a spark arrestor
anything else? green sticker, red sticker matter up there?

------------------

kc-husky

~SPONSOR~
Dec 31, 2000
If I remember right the track at Perris is not to big. But it has been about five years since I rode there. You can also ride at Gorman, it's a little drive fron Hunington but worth it. If you see a ranger out in the upper desert or at Gorman and he stops you you will need to have a spark arrestor and you use to need a green sticker.

------------------

Top Bottom