cr-man

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 6, 1999
Hi Guys,
I need some help I got caught in an internet scam where someone sent me more money than I was asking in a cashiers check and I sent them the remaining money after the bank told me that a cashiers sheck was good right away. It ended up being a bad check and now my account is frozen, but what makes this worse is I am having no luck with the law enforcement. They won't go after $5400 overseas unless they have a lot of cases. What I need to know is there any internet task forces out there that someone can help try to bring these people to justice. I thought this whole thing smelt fishy that is why I asked the bank how long till the check was good they told me right away! Now I had to get a lawyer to fight the bank. Happy Birthday to me!

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Not a whole lot you can do, but grin and bear it as far as the money goes. :( Report it to the FBI. This is a big Internet scam going around.

On of the guys in my riding club got hit for 1200 or so. It blows big time

Last edited:

2smoke

Sep 21, 2001
Watch out for that Nigerian bull**** plenty of people in Australia have been burnt big time with that one. Ive heard plenty. Just to let you that these money scam bast@#ds operate every where there is an internet connection. What can you say......bloody thieves!!!

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
I personally would like to see that kid who is responsible for the last big virus get hung to set an example. Ever ehar the story about the American General in the late 1800's who dealth with muslim terrorists in the south Pacific? He captured a few of them, dipped bullets in pig's blood & executed them. then he let one go to tell the others what he did. Never had a problem with them after that.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Originally posted by zio
I...Ever ehar the story about the American General in the late 1800's who dealth with muslim terrorists in the south Pacific? He captured a few of them, dipped bullets in pig's blood & executed them. then he let one go to tell the others what he did. Never had a problem with them after that.
More info on that story...

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/pershing.htm

va_yzrider

Apr 28, 2003
When I recently advertised my truck for sale I got a response from someone trying to do the same thing. Luckily I figured it out quickly and responded with and email saying "I interpret your offer as an attempt to steel my truck. For your sake I hope we never meet in a dark alley."

Spread the word so that people know what is going on. I think that is the only real way to be safe.

On the other hand, maybe I should have set it up and waited for the buyer's agent to show up and have a few choice words with him.

Sorry for your loss and I highly recommend reporting this to the FBI.

dead

Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Apr 28, 2003
Man! Awhile ago when I was selling my RM250 I got an email from someone from out of the country. The email was really fishy so I didn't even bother with a response.

Good luck getting your stuff/money

cr-man

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 6, 1999
Hey Guys what happened was they sent me a fake cashiers check. I asked the bank when the check would clear and they told me "it's a cashiers check it's good right away", so now I am in a fight with the bank! I contacted the secret service today in Pittsburgh after reading the info Smit-Dog posted. I feel like an idiot, but I would rather be an example than to have someone else get ripped off if I could have helped. Remember golden rule "if it sounds to good to be true it usually is".

ericlachance

Feb 16, 2003
I had someone e-mail me at the beginning of the year asking me to lend them one of my two bikes. The person said that SHE wanted to train for the paris-dakkar race and wanted to borrow my 125cc dirtbike. Now come-on... Anyone who is going to race paris-dakkar on a bike has to know a little about bikes. This person wanted me to lend them a 1980 yamaha it125 aircooled dirt bike... Imagin that, training on a borrowed bike, never mind the fact I've never seen anyone ride a 125 in that type of a race. Sounded kind of weird. So I politely told them my bikes (1996 yz250 and my IT) were in peices, and that I didn't want to rent or lend them. There are alot of POS out there. Beware! And don't trust anyone. Thats my philosophy.

Top Bottom