salgeek

Oct 2, 2003
Anyone riding the Trail Tour this weekend?

According to the nice folks at the CCC - the single track loop is 39 miles long with a couple cut-offs available.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
I making a day trip to it. Look me up I'll be riding by my self. I'd like to try to find the new section?

salgeek

Oct 2, 2003
We will hit the trails at about 9:30am or so. Feel free to join us. We will average about 14/15 mph and are planning to run the 39 mile loop - two times, with a Lunch break.

Dark Green Mini-van
Triton trailer
2 - KTM 250 Exc's - '04
1 - Yamaha TTR-125

:ride: :ride:

salgeek

Oct 2, 2003
The Capital Chapter did an outstanding job. Sign-up was very efficient and had us on our way quickly. We rode the long loop twice. The trail was excellent. Even enjoyed to whoops ;). There was absolutely zero dust :cool:. The trail was marked perfectly and the weather even cooperated. The vintage bike show was well attended. The 72 Husky 250 WR was my favorite.

Thanks to all the fine folks of the Capital Chapter that made the event happen. One last thing... I must mention how nice it was that someone from the club, just out of the blue drapped a Capital Chapter Kids ride t-shirt over my son's shoulder - thank you, he loves it and is wearing it today :nod:.

side bar: sure hope the DNR didn't ticket anyone for riding on the dirt road that ran through camp - hopefully the warning sign the Capital Chapter posted helped everyone avoid getting a $130 ticket. Alan Marble should be ashamed :| .

Looks like I'll have to sit down and have the talk with my son... on how to pretend you don't see "the man" in the green/brown uniform and high tail it down the trail. :laugh:

Last edited:

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Salgeet: the Husky was my #1 vote it was sweet, I always wanted one. The trail was whooped badly in places, but the rain the night before made up for it! What traction wheeling all day! I had great plans to ride the long loop twice. The UM noon game & beer can screw up the best laid plans. See you at Rose City, Look for a yellow Husaberg 400.

salgeek

Oct 2, 2003
Marlin - the rain before the event more than made up for the whoops. The gods where smiling on us all for sure! I'll bet that Husaberg pulls the wheel real nice.

Still can't get over how perfect that Husky was. Would have loved to hear it running. Rode behind one just like it for several years. See you at the Color Tour.

Top Bottom