Dave'sDRZ

Mar 28, 2000
Central Coast Dual Sport Pack Riders-

THE BBQ 11/17:

The first ever CCDSP BBQ will kick off at 3pm with dinner being served at 4pm. I will host the BBQ at my house in Los Osos and will email directions to those who RSVP (don't worry, it's easy to find). This will be a Potluck BBQ (bring your favorite dish, salad, drinks, desert, ect) and I'll provide the entree. There are a couple of stores nearby with a deli for those who are traveling. Your families and other interested riders are welcome! Come to the BBQ even if you can't make the ride. I need to know how many people you are bringing so that I'll have enough food to go around. Right now we have 12 people who are definitely coming (from as far away as LA and the Sacramento area) and a whole bunch of maybes. I'd like to get some of those maybes nailed down one way or the other as we get closer to the event. It sounds like we'll have some interesting motorcycle related video entertainment-if you have a video or pictures you'd think people would enjoy, please bring them along. I hope to see a crowd of you there to meet each other, don't worry if you've never made a ride as many of us have never met. At least we know we will have something in common to talk about!

PLEASE RSVP!

THE RIDE 11/18:

The plan is to head out to the trails in the La Panza Forrest east of Pozo. If you've never ridden this area, it has much to offer, from single track to 4x4 roads to sand, rocks, hills and some beautiful scenery. There are roads and trails for all levels, so it is a good place to learn or test your skills. We're set to leave at 9 am from our normal base of operations-being early is better than being late. The route will be friendly to beginner/intermediate riders and will have some options for more advanced riders. If you've never ridden with us before, please be assured that everyone is encouraged to ride at THEIR OWN PACE and to determine THEIR OWN LEVEL OF RISK. In other words, ride as slow or as fast as you want and just enjoy the company. Since none of us are professional riders (that I'm aware of)--no one should be shy about coming and feel free to invite anyone who might be interested. Glen has Directions, Maps, and Trail Descriptions of the area here: Dual Sport Rides on the California Central Coast. San Luis Obispo and beyond (http://members.aol.com/slogdog/moto/ds_pozo.html)

Proposed route:

Leave Chevron station in SLO on the corner of Broad St. and Orcutt Rd at 9 am (gas/snacks/water available).
Take Orcutt Rd to Lopez Dr (paved).
Lopez Dr to High Mountain Rd (paved).
High Mountain Rd to High Mountain Lookout Rd (paved turning to dirt).
High mountain Lookout Rd to Pozo Rd (dirt).
Pozo Rd to Red Hill Rd (paved turning to dirt).
Many fireroads/trails for all skill levels to explore in this area.

Dirt Only Riders--meet up at either High Mountain Rd where it turns to dirt (this requires some illegal riding on county roads, but you are unlikely to get busted for it) or at Turkey Flats (about 1/4 mile after you turn off of Pozo Rd onto Redhill Rd. Requires no illegal riding).

Return when gas/energy runs low (estimated round trip is aprox 90 miles without any side trips or screwing around-figure another 20-30 miles of trails/fire roads). Riders should be able to support themselves on ride with gas (if needed-I will carry my 1.5 gallon can), water, spares, snacks. I think that stopping for food and to BS after the ride is always entertaining, so we'll try that again (Pozo Saloon, maybe). Gas available in SLO, Arroyo Grande, Santa Margarita.

Please respond if you are interested or have any questions. Let me know if you plan to come so that no one gets left behind.

David

PS-I have a garage for riders who are traveling up for the BBQ and want a place to lock their bikes up overnight

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom