Badgadjit1

Feb 20, 2006
So some of you may know that i have been having problems and have been posting them like crazy after this crash. but i think i may have finally figured it out..

recap. the bike will not start from a kick....but will start from a push.

so i was told to take the stator off and check to see if the voltage jumps around if i tap on it while testing with a meter...it didn't so i cleaned it up and put it back on..

I then tried to kick it....and there was nothing...but i noticed that when i crashed i bent the stop tab on my triple tree, therefore allowing my cdi to get smashed by my fork tube. so while i was trying to kick the bike over i started hitting the CDI box with my fork tube..lol..and sure enough it fired up. i killed it and then there was nothing from the kick again, so i repeated the process and it fired up.....does this sound right? Time to replace?? already replaced my coil.

Would i be able to just let some weld build up to fill the part that got bent on the triple trees, without melting the tab? like i know aluminum melts if its done incorrectly. not really sure that thats made of.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the long post

fatboyslim

Apr 11, 2006
prety sure it's the CDI or coil or stator one or the other. I had the exact same problem with my KTM, replaced the CDI and it now starts in one or two kicks every time.

Badgadjit1

Feb 20, 2006
ya..i am gonna replace it...i just need to fix my triple trees so if i go down again it doesn't smash the box again. (if thats what happened the first time)

are stock trees aluminum?

Badgadjit1

Feb 20, 2006
Well after i cleaned off my cdi i found it to be cracked in 3 different areas, biiig cracks, pretty sure that is where my problem lies..

anyone know what is inside the cdi? like how does that work...its just that little black box that you can't open...

zlajabl

Jun 29, 2007
I had it opened, I was so bored one day so it took me about two hours to carefully remove that rubber coating which I was heating up with heat gun and inside of it, there is two small printed circuit board with a lot of chips and diodes.

Top Bottom