woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
AS PROMISED - DRUM ROLL - DUM da da da DUM.
CEDAR CREEK IS RIDABLE - in parts :) I took some pics of the trail and you will see what I am talking about. This first pic is of the the Parking lot.. Bear with me, more to follow..

Dont Panic, it gets BETTER!!

Attachments

• Mar05076.JPG
    Mar05076.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 121

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
This next pic is leading North/east toward the North loop of Cedar.. NOTICE that the ground beyond the road way is VERY CLEAR!! BETTER THEN THE OAK SECTION GOING SOUTH!!

Attachments

• Mar05077.JPG
    Mar05077.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 114

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Here is a pic of the trail going North bound on the east side of the Entrance into Cedar trailhead.. LOOKS GREAT DOESNT IT~~~

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
opps - I clicked send :)

Attachments

• Mar05073.JPG
    Mar05073.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 113

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
and this is a pic coming from the North loop on the west side of the entrance - WAY COOL!!

Attachments

• Mar05081.JPG
    Mar05081.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 117

Factory

Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 19, 2002
Excellent report as usual!! Thanks! Hmmmmm.................might have to get out there, IF we don't get the snow they are forecasting - ugggh!!

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Ok, here is the dwon side. This is a pic going back into the trail on the west side of the Entrance. This would be what you would see if you were going South back toward the trailhead..

Attachments

• Mar05075.JPG
    Mar05075.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 118

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
And finally, here is a shot coming back into the Trailhead from the South loops.. The trail IS rideable guys!!! But, I sure wouldnt go it without those screws yet unless you can take your time (my opinion)!! The HUGE rain that we had last night and todays above 60 ( YES) temps DID IT!!!!
These pics were taken today at 5:10 in the evening and are the sole property of Woodsy Inc. ANY incidents (including people jumping up and down and banging there heads on ceilings, DIVORCES that result from MTRers being gone for extended periods of time riding, or TRAIL MISHAPS) are in NO WAY, IN PART OR IN PARCEL - the responsibility of the Management thereof!!
RIDERS - START YOUR ENGINES - SPRING IS HERE!!!

Attachments

• Mar05082.JPG
    Mar05082.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 115

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
G-R-E-A-T report as usual Woodsy - actually, you outdid yourself with the pics! It looks like the parking lot is a lake, but the trails are rideable! Time to get the bike back together (and still finish healing, actually)!

fender92883

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 26, 2002
I just went out and consulted my KDX...she says she's looking forward to getting dirty within the next couple weeks--although she's not so sure about going in all that water with a new pilot on the seat--:think: It's good to have a bike with a nice personality.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
I just KNEW you guys would appreciate that info - YOUR ALL WELCOME!!
Fender - I am SO glad to hear that you two are getting along so well! My "baby" is still under an-is-tee-sha (I have NO idea how to spell that and I have a daughter who is studying to be a Doctor :) ) so - simpy put, SHE AINT TALKING!! Her "parts" are HERE though and maybe I will get her back together this weekend - GONNA HAVE NEW BIKE SOUND - SMELL and FEEL, CANT WAIT!! I am REALLY considering taking the next few days though and working with her "boingers" jsut for fun - during the last ride last year with "the group" she was complaining about my "love" for cookies and kept moaning everytime I would nail a high speed whoop... Like you say, another week or so and perhaps......

fender92883

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 26, 2002
Anesthesia :thumb:

I think she's warming up to me because of all of the time I've spent in the garage working on her. Hopefully she'll go easy on me for my initiation ride!

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Sounds about time for a Few brave scouts to hit the trail, anybody game? I was planning on riding the snowy chicken. But I could be persuaded to hit CC instead. All those pic's makes the trail look “READY”

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
70 marlin said:
Sounds about time for a Few brave scouts to hit the trail, anybody game? I was planning on riding the snowy chicken. But I could be persuaded to hit CC instead. All those pic's makes the trail look “READY”

I looked at next weekend's forecast - 49 and sunny for Saturday, 41 and partly cloudy for Sunday. Not too bad! I'm game, BUT I will not ride much, or fast at all. Gotta check out how the stomach muscles are going to work.
So, maybe a Cedar Creek Sunday???

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Sunday would work for me. Scouting would have to be done very carefully. I'm sure were going to find remnants of huge drifts in the valleys. Would be nice if we could get a Third just in case we have to extract a 230 + pound bike from a drift! I wonder if could get a guy with a big green bike to show?

Factory

Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 19, 2002
I MIGHT be able to swing next Sunday. I would just be breaking mine in, so I would be taking it easy as well. Now, if we could just do something about this heavy, wet, ACCUMULATING snow we're supposed to receive tonight?!?!?!?!

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
"I wonder if could get a guy with a big green bike to show?"
The guy on the BIG GREEN bike would LOVE to show but I dont know if the Big Green bike will be ready.. I ordered a Piston for it (I could probably put the original back with with new rings but hey, parts are cheap!!) and went to put it in last night. I noticed some VERY suspicious looking lines in the casting of the new piston that I dont like... I plan on sending it back to the Manufacturer for a replacement,
I should be ready but if not I may hafta ride my little DR100 LOL..
Sunday sounds GREAT!!!
Woodsy

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
I will also see if CW, Larry, Randy and my good friend Young Ted want to go (weather permitting)!!
Nice thing about Cedar Mark - we are ALWAYS a very short distance from the vehicles if we need to putt back..
I will try and get a peek at the North bound MCCCT out of White Cloud this week. I got a delivery I need to make not far from the area and even a "quick peek" is fun!!!!! I will let you guys know if I do.
Woodsy

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Where is Cedar Creek located?

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Fred T said:
Where is Cedar Creek located?

It's north of Muskegon. If you look at a state map, follow US-31 north out of Muskegon to M-120. M-120 cuts through a small town called Twin Lake. Cedar Creek is about 3 miles east of Twin Lake on Ryerson Road.

Probably your best bet would be to come west on M-46. Take this to B-31, which is Maple Island Road. Go North to Ryerson Road, turn left. You'll see the brown/yellow sign for the ORV trailhead. This is coming into the trail from the other way previously described (going into Twin Lake).

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Hey Fred:
If you would like me to I will get an address from a house dwon the street from the Creek for you. Plug it into mapquest and you have instant perfect directions!! Come on over and ride with us!! Also, PLEASE keep us posted anytime you guys are crossing the West/East line :) You NEVER know who might join in (but NEVER post if you dont want company!!) :)
Something just occured to me - ANYONE TAKING I-96 into Muskegon from G.R. - I think the DOT is starting a huge project at exit 16 (Coopersville) - you might wanna go around this secton - THATS A REAL BUSY AREA!!!!
Woodsy

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
woodsy said:
- ANYONE TAKING I-96 into Muskegon from G.R. - I think the DOT is starting a huge project at exit 16 (Coopersville) - you might wanna go around this secton - THATS A REAL BUSY AREA!!!!
Woodsy

That totally sucks! Thanks for the heads up woodsy. I take I-96 to Nuncia (M31) it's like two more exits. Looks like I'll be popping off @ Coopersville and hitting M46?
Woodsy I think it would be a rush trying to make a 100 do the trail!

Top Bottom