woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Well, ok where do I begin...
I just spoke with my wife and she said that she didnt think the project on I-96 has started yet.. I will find out before Sunday and let you all know!

Fred T: here is the Mapquest for the trip over from Bay City:
http://www.mapquest.com/directions/...a0-cdbcf381&aid=404d5ac5-00112-005a0-cdbcf381

KTM033 here is the mapquest from TC:
http://www.mapquest.com/directions/...94-400c2546&aid=404d5a02-0001b-06094-400c2546
This directions will bring you both 1 block east of the trail head!!
Anyone else that is interested in coming over can use this address in Mapquest and it will bring you 1 block East of the Cedar Creek Trail head: 5500 Ryerson Road, Twin Lake, MI

Yea Marlin, I found out today that the DR100 is a true RUSH on Cedar Creek!! Randy called, Larry and I joined ranks and now I have a real Trail Report to write!!!
Woodsy

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
ktm033 said:
I think we are going to bring a group of 4 down on Friday to ride, anybody interested.

Hey, if you do will you post a trail condition report for us please?

ktm033

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 19, 2001
you got it! we will be leaving TC at about 7 am so we should be at the trailhead around 9:30 if anyone is interested.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Roll call for Sunday 3-14-04 I'm planning riding. Hopefully I'll be there around ten'ish. The time, I'm flexible. Let’s see the hands.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
I may be in depending on:
1. I can get Andy's shock nitrogen-charged (revalved myself, I hope it works!!) and fork oil changed tomorrow while spending most of the day Satuday at Emily's Odyssey of the Mind competition, and
2. start my bike after a rebuild to make sure it runs OK, and
3. go to church Sunday morning for a special event I'm part of, and
4. taking in the local motorcycle show with Badgerman after church, and
.....???

At least Andy and his friend will be there if I don't. His friend has a shiney new CRF250R, and this will be its initiation ride.

I might suggest looking at a little later start time, it's supposed to rain from 10-12 out there, then turn partly cloudy.

I hope to see you there, but if I'm not, you'll know I couldn't cram in all 4 items in!

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Well, I finally found the time to get mine back together - dont feel alone about time constraints Mark!! Boy that motor sounds GREAT!! I ALWAYS love that "pap pap pap" sound of a fresh 2 stroke :) Larry and I are meeting at Wesco in Fremont in 7 hours to head for the Chicken. If my KX gets Broke In and broke'n tomorrow I will be at the Creek on Sunday! I am almost sure that Larry is planning on it too! Then Monday is our scheduled weekly ride ride day - ahhhhhhh, spring has sprung!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
See ya all Sunday if not sooner!!
The Creek has about 2 inches of fresh powder on it now with a FROZEN solid ground (was there today). The new stuff should be gone by Sunday but I am sure the trail will still have some slick spots and slushy stuff left - SCREWS!!
Woodsy

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
"If my KX gets Broke In and broke'n tomorrow"
That should read "If my KX gets Broke In and NOT broke'n tomorrow"..
Hey, its late...

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
I should be there around 10am +- a bit. Hopefully the rain will have stopped. Woodsy what your phone # do you still have my cell # Mark anytime you can make it would be fine. I'd hang around for a loop.

Factory

Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 19, 2002
Not sure if I'll make it...same boat as Mark - arrgh! Definitely don't feel like putting the studded tires on the X just to break it in either. For me it will depend on what time I can get away tomorrow and what the weather looks like. Hope to see everyone there. If not, have fun!!!!

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Hi guys:
Ride went GREAT today but WAY to much snow up there for single trackin (see ride report). Got home a while ago and noticed that our snow is GONE - YAHOO!! Should be a GREAT day for a ride tomorrow - Looks like rain in the AM but done by noon! Larry and I (I still have his bike in my van - he sure is gullable :) ) and will see anyone who can make it around 10!
Marlin, I will PM you!
Woodsy

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
It was a good day today, glad Napper talked me into it. :p Oh, and did I tell you my dirtbike was awesome today? :yeehaw:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
What a great day to ride! FredT, Napper and I found Woodsy and Marlin in the parking lot in the afternoon. We rode for 40 miles and had a great time chasing each other in the western woods of MI. I expected to see more DRNers there ....Sorry....you missed out!!!
I think Fred made the same comment about his dirt bike about 500 times on the ride home.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
fatherandson said:
I expected to see more DRNers there ....Sorry....you missed out!!!

I would've liked to have been there - busy, busy weekend! But it was a good one - Ben's band got second place in the Battle of the Bands competition they were in, and Emily's Odyssey of the Mind team won first place and are going on to state finals. Andy also got notification he's on the Dean's list. Riding's a blast, but seeing your kids do stuff is even better!!

And Badgerman and I took in some nice bikes at the GR Motorcycle show.

I hope to see y'all pretty soon!

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Yea Mike, Fred had a real funny look on his face at every trail break too - LIKE AWESOME BIKE DUDE!!! I think the great western air REALLY agreed with the 2 of them (him and his bike).
Hope you guys found food for Napper on the way home!!!! He was looking pretty hungry when you guys left :)
GREAT RIDE GUYS!!!

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Yea Mwiessen, we missed you too but it sounds like you had a weekend second to NONE!!! Congrats to you and your fam!!!
There is always next time on the trail!!
Woodsy

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
What a great ride! nice to rub elbow with some famous racers.(Napper one fine rig!) Woodsy & I rode south loop almost three times and north loop once. The trail mix was like 75/25 25% was snow. The snow was like snow cone snow it sucked! Studs did help much in it; you just had to plow threw. Mark we missed you! Sounds like you fun anyway and congratulation on your families achievements you have to be very proud.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
woodsy said:
Hope you guys found food for Napper on the way home!!!! He was looking pretty hungry when you guys left :)
GREAT RIDE GUYS!!!

Yep, Napper suggested a Mexican Restaurant and we had Burritos as big as your fore-arm. No lie. :thumb:

Lots of this going off all night: :moon: :uh:

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Yep, Napper suggested a Mexican Restaurant and we had Burritos as big as your fore-arm. No lie.
Where was the restaurant? I'm alway's on the look out for a good mexican joint on the way home from the north! :worship:

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
woodsy said:
There is always next time on the trail!!
Woodsy

The weather looks pretty good for this coming Saturday - sunny and 48! I'm hoping to be able to hit Cedar then.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Just talked to Randy about todays ride (Monday). Sounds like the 3 of us (if Larry makes this one :) ) are going to head North out of Cedar and hit Holton and Horseshoe today. I will let you all know how those Northern trails are tonight!
Anyone want to join, meeting at Cedar at 10:30!
Hey Easterners, hope your tummy's are ok today. Thats alot of Mexican to put thru the system! Freddy, I bet your eyes about fell out of your head when they brought you out a dinner that was bigger around then you are :)

Factory

Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 19, 2002
@#$%^&*!!!!!!!!!!! :think: I AM JEALOUS!! Wish I could of made it! Maybe this weekend!

Top Bottom