KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
I know this is well covered, I've done several searches and have concluded this... With the #5 slide a CEL is a good choice but I dont know what to start with pilot / main... I really just need some confirmation. Is a 42 pilot and a 152 main close to what I should start with? I have a 38, 40, 42, 45 and 48 pilots, and 148, 150, 152, 155 and 160 mains. Should that be close to all i need? I know maybe a tad richer on the main if im riding in sand. I have a 98 200 with airbox mod, FMF pipe / silencer and boysson dual stage reeds. Elevation is close to sea level upto about 1000f. Temperature about 23-28 degrees celcius. Thanks for any and all comments. I hope to be doing a WOT this w/end so am wondering where to start with main / pilot...

Houndog

~SPONSOR~
Oct 11, 2002
When I tried a CEL on my 95 200 Rev pipe at sea level I found the 40 pilot 150 main too rich. I have been waiting on some smaller jets but have been backordered locally (the 38 pilot and 148 main). With the stock needle (mid 20's celcius) I run a 40 pilot and 155 main.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Other recommendations for your bike don't really apply. Who knows how you ride?

Certainly start rich and go lean in steps until you are set. Set the main first.

You knew that.........;)

The jets you list will probably be fine.

The pipe will matter....a -35 takes a leaner jetset than the -30.

While you would likely be ok with a 152 to start with, a 155 would be a better starting point.....cuz it's more likely to be 'too rich.'

I realize the above doesn't say a whole lot. Point is, you are the only one that can jet your bike, and 'better safe than sorry'....so start richer than you think.

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
Thats exactly what I needed to hear Canyn... Thank you very much yet again... I guess I just needed some confirmation.. Thanks All much sppreciated..... tREV

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Once you get it sorted out, let 'us' know how you like the 'C' taper.

It will be a lot cleaner on the bottom...with proper jetting, plug load will be a thing of the past.

The 'C' needle hits pretty hard when the taper starts. Hard enough that a 70 mile hare scramble ride may well flat wear you out!

But it's fun!!

Cheers!

Top Bottom