Hillister

Feb 19, 2004
I am looking for a dirt bike club that would like to have access to 1700 acres of land between Center and Shelbyville, Texas. The land owner is a good friend of mine and presently uses the land for hunting. He is willing to allow one enduro or hare scrambles event per month. The area is fenced with a 7 foot game fence and has only two gates which makes it easy to control. It has a 6000 square foot club house that has men's and women's rest rooms, cooking and sleeping areas and a giant assembly hall. They also have 30 RV electrical hookups for campers. The camping area is approximately 25 acres with additional space if needed. A road goes all the way around the property with one main road running down the middle of the land. Short trails and roads go out from the main road to the boundary road. Most of the property is high and dry. The land owner said that if an agreement can be worked out, he also has another 900 acres in the area that could be used plus he has permission to use 20,000 acres of Sabine River Valley Authority land that adjoins this property. He also has 600 acres near Tenaha, Texas that he would be willing to use for events. That is 1700 plus 900 plus 600 plus 20,000 potential acres of land that a club might be able to use for events. At this time he is only interested in having events that would be ran on Saturday and Sunday once per month. I am exploring and mapping the area at this time. If any prospective clubs would be interested in seeing the property, please let me know and I can making arrangements for a visit. I organized the Sabine Enduro Circuit which is now part of the Texas State Championship Circuit and have ridden and helped with SERA events. I was hoping that some of the old Dusty Wheels people and maybe the Breezy Hill people might be interested. All that I am doing is helping the land owner to be introduced to a responsible club for the benefit of both. If you would like a visit or more information, contact: Steve and Carol Jones, RR 5 Box 1694, Woodville, TX 75979. 409 331-0471 :ride:

Top Bottom