MCassle

Apr 29, 2001
I'm all for a Central Cal group...although the AMA doesn't see it this way. District 35 (central) is a 'dead' district, 36 (northern) & 37 (southern) seem to keep most serious racers busy.

I'm in the Fresno area, so I joined D36. I'm able to make a few enduros that are close, but many of them are way to far away. Wondering if DRN only has a southern & northern group if we'd run into the same problem.

Anyway, I'm game. Always looking for new poeple to ride with & new area's to ride at, this seems like a good way to accomplish that.

Matt

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
The Local Chapters are not determined by AMA Districts. There will be paperwork in the near future to organize your club officially. So you can start getting things together in the mean while.

MCassle

Apr 29, 2001
Sorry BSWIFT, I guess I didn't explain myself very well...all I meant was that I'm not sure that Central Cal has enough DRNers to support a serparate DRN Chapter (using the AMA as an example), but who knows? I hope I'm wrong. The only other DRNer I know of in this area is Zio. Besides Clear Creek & Maimi Hills, there isn't much in the way of riding around the Fresno/Visila area. Used to be, but the population boom in this area over the last 20 years has wiped out much of the old riding areas (that I know of anyway).

But I'm game, no matter how many or few people there might be :)

Matt

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
No problem, MCassle. The Heartland Spodes are in 4 states (OK, AR, KA, & TX). We are hoping the DRN will be the catalyst for the clubs. Members can be just local people or surrounding area folks (like the HLS). Be creative and post your ideas. You won't know if you don't try.

KLX Spode

Feb 29, 2000
I've been off the site for a while, but I do live in the Central Ca area. Don't feel bad Matt, as long as I have been riding, the AMA has usually only had D36 and 37 events! There are more areas to ride than what you metioned, though. There is Carnegie(if you are feeling, well, adventurous!), Jose Basin, and a few others. Actually, compared to the other areas of the state, we have it pretty good! Bay Area has a couple of areas, but the traffic makes them a couple of hour drives, same with So-Cal.
Check with some of the guys at Wilson's and check with the manager of Cycle Gear on Blackstone, they can also point you around to some good ride spots.
Good luck this weekend at Clear Creek! Hope you do well. Sorry I can't make it.

Top Bottom