matego

Feb 17, 2007
Just wondering if there was any central pa riders in here? I ride with a bunch of guys in trevorton pa and we have a blast. With everything closing now, I could give pics and directions on how to get there. The one guy who goes there religiously has 84 mi. of trails on his gps, plus coal mountains to hill climb if that is your thing.

Z

Zipp0

matego said:
Just wondering if there was any central pa riders in here? I ride with a bunch of guys in trevorton pa and we have a blast. With everything closing now, I could give pics and directions on how to get there. The one guy who goes there religiously has 84 mi. of trails on his gps, plus coal mountains to hill climb if that is your thing.

Directions please. Do you know who owns the land? Any problems riding there?

matego

Feb 17, 2007
On route 225 1/2 mile south of the town of Trevorton there is a old coal breaker (huge coal mtns.) entrance. Just follow the road around top to the left and that is where most people drop their trailers. There is always people there on the weekends, just stop and ask. I have yet to run into anyone there unfriendly. The last I found out, the property is owned by a big coal company and they have abandoned it many years ago. Some of the old heads have been going there for 20+ years. I have a new truck and leave the keys in it. Never had any issue with theft, vandalism etc. It is a great place to ride, just bring soap and a towel. The quarry water is extremely cold, but it beats being crusted over with coal.

Zipp0

Registered
Mar 5, 2007
Great, thanks. I also responded to your other thread. I'll let you know if/when I plan to go up. It should warm up in the next week or so.

matego

Feb 17, 2007
When this cold snap breaks, we will be going up, but not for the whole weekend. If you can make it to Duncannon, I am sure we can find a place for you on a trailer. Its 40-50 mi. one way, and with the price of gas now, we try and take as few of vehicles as possible. 4 of the guys run up there from Gettysburg, which is 100 mi. If I can get the 32' gooseneck I've been eyeballing, we might load the trucks and all up! ;) Just let me know, it is great to get more people involved.

Zipp0

Registered
Mar 5, 2007
Sounds Good

I would be up for checking it out for a day, sure. I can get the bike to Duncannon, and the whole way to Trevorton if need be. I don't have a trailer or hitch hookup yet (soon) but I can fit the bike in the SUV.

Top Bottom