Chad Reed joins L&M Racing in 2007

TheGrinch

Nov 26, 2000
Looks like Chad isn't starting his own team after all.

From http://www.fullnoise.com.au/

Starting in 2007, there will be a new race team in the AMA Supercross series. L&M Racing is a new company jumping into the world of Supercross head first.

L&M Racing was founded in June of 2006 by Larry Brooks and, Mike Kranyak two people that have been in motorcycle racing their entire life. Mike Kranyak, who is from Bakersfield, California, is the silent partner and will rely on Larry and his many years of motorcycle racing management and experience to control the focus of their racing effort.

However, Kranyak himself is no stranger to the racing world, but with a personal business in Bakersfield to run, he won’t have the time to execute the day to day activates that it takes to run a top Supercross racing team.

L&M Racing has secured a partnership with Yamaha Motor Corporation for the next two years and will work side by side with Factory Yamaha in their attempt to return Yamaha to the Championship circle. “I am very excited for the opportunity to get back together with Yamaha. Knowing their dedication to winning, both efforts (L&M and Factory Yamaha) will do what it takes to win”. Brooks, who has worked with many great riders over his eleven years as a team manager, has logged four AMA Supercross championships. Three of those Championships were won on Yamahas and Brooks hopes to have the same type of success in this new partnership with Yamaha.

Riding for L&M Racing are two of the top riders in the racing world: Chad Reed and Nathan Ramsey. Chad Reed has many Championships already to his name including the 2004 AMA Supercross Championship. Chad is hoping to repeat the success of 2004 and clinch the World and AMA Supercross Championship in 2007. Joining Chad in his quest of a 2007 Championship is his good friend Nathan Ramsey. Nathan and Chad have been friends since Chad came to America in 2002 and the two of them together is a recipe for success.

funktree

~SPONSOR~
Jul 21, 2001
one of the worst kept secrets in moto news recently, no one would confirm it but they wouldn't deny it either, are they definately going SX only?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Quote:
are they definately going SX only?

Okie said:

In that case, I'd like to be the first to suggest they change the name to LaMe Racing.

Micahdawg

Feb 2, 2001
Well...I guess there is some hope, but I feel about as pumped as if I heard "DV12 returning to Team Boo-koo." Sigh...

Micah

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
Vic said:
Quote:
are they definately going SX only?

In that case, I'd like to be the first to suggest they change the name to LaMe Racing.
+1

funktree

~SPONSOR~
Jul 21, 2001
wonder if having that short of a year will mess them up, only racing 16 short races a year would give lots of extra time for slacking off and eating bon-bons

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
funktree said:
wonder if having that short of a year will mess them up, only racing 16 short races a year would give lots of extra time for slacking off and eating bon-bons

They could train with Emig in the off season. :)

Micahdawg

Feb 2, 2001
Can someone explain to me why it would be a good move for Reed to go indoor only? I know he wants a SX Championship, but I think a MX Championship would be better than NO championship. And I just don't see what is so stellar about his indoor performance that trumps his outdoor performance.

Micah

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Micahdawg said:
Can someone explain to me why it would be a good move for Reed to go indoor only? I know he wants a SX Championship, but I think a MX Championship would be better than NO championship. And I just don't see what is so stellar about his indoor performance that trumps his outdoor performance.

Micah
He actually has an indoor title. Best chance of repeating.

Micahdawg

Feb 2, 2001
But can't the same be said for outdoor? That's my question.

edit - With exception of Millsaps getting the better of him in a moto outdoor of course. But we haven't seen Millsaps indoor yet so the same could happen there once in a while.

Micah

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom