rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Just read on racer-x that it was rumored that Chad Watts was gonna wrench for Kevin Windham, but he is not.. DOes anybody know whaere he has gone?? :think:

Mxracer695

Jan 5, 2002
I was reading on transworldmx and they mentioned his name they said he was working in house at honda on the cr450f, and said he was there on dunlop test day. I wonder what happened what chad watts and RC.

mxneagle

Jan 7, 2001
I believe the problem was actually with tipping the bottle a bit too much and honda didn't appreciate it. Basically they gave him some time to deal with the problem and I suppose that he will be back when honda is satisfied that he's put this issue behind him. I hope he's back in the semi soon!

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
I had heard something about drinking too, just wasn't sure.. Hope he gets better..Thanks for the replies...

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
You can't blame Honda for making that choice if it is true! You are playing with somebody's life or lives wrenching for a pro rider the things they do with bikes.

mxneagle

Jan 7, 2001
Well, I hope you really don't think that Chad was putting RC in jepordy. I can't recall the last time RC had a mechanical DNF (or DNF period). Chad is probably the most dedicated and detail oriented wrench out there. He would work untill 4 or 5 am every friday and saturday night on nationals weekends triple checking every part on the bike.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
you mean winning all the time would get boring and you'd have to find a new thrill?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
People have tipped the bottle under less stressful situations so I really don't see why "winning all the time" would be any different. Just think what kind of stress there is trying to be sure nothing breaks and causes a DNF. Things you may not even have control over like electronics, flats, a weak chain link.

TheGrinch

Nov 26, 2000
The good old rumour mill. I recall one of the announcers during a live webcast said he had injured his hand and needed time of for the injury. Sounds a lot more believable than a drug or alcohol problem.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Awhile ago (sorry, can't remember the issue date) Cycle News reported Watts was in alcohol rehab. This was in their coverage of the first race he was absent. In his post race talk with CN, RC made some comments along the lines of 'we all wish him the best and hope he gets better soon'.

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
This does make sence. A drinking problem coupled with a hand that wont pick up drinks....wow, how bad can it get?

Honestly, I imagine the mecanics life sucks. Too much travel and time alone on the road.

Not that I developed a serious problem under the same situation....sure, right.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Originally posted by Rcannon
If he really is in rehab, he gets his job back, right??? Something about the ADA act if I remember correctly.

I do not think that ADA covers addictions. If there is a disability caused by it, yes, but this would be rare.

motomike137

Nov 21, 2001
If Chad has a problem I hope he gets help and is allowed to come back if that is what he wants. He has been an integral part of RC's career and deserves the recognition.

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
Do you suppose he made a pass at momma RC???

I hope the guy is ok. Alcohol is such an odd thing. Many people can drink their whole lives without problems. If I even glance at a beer, the police get called. I stopped.

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
Maybe he made a pass at Mr. C??? You never know. This would be reason to fire your mechanic.

Maybe they both drank a bit too much and this led to some experimentation????

Top Bottom