Chadwick, MO ride Saturday May 18th

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Sheesh, Big Lou is gonna be there and he doesn't have to stay on a leash! ;)

I was hoping a thread would come up about the ride.
So who is going to be there and when is everyone arriving?

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
We'll be camping Fri and Sat night too. Which camp ground is everyone going to be at? It looks like there are two, Cobb Ridge and Camp Ridge.

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
camp ground makes no dif to me..never been there. the good news is that there are two, so when i get kicked out'a one i've got a back-up. ;)

knobby hob

Apr 7, 2002
This ride sounds like a blast! Rick M,thanks for all the info.I`m gonna try my best to make this ride.Of the 2 campgrounds,I prefer Cobb Ridge.Its at least twice the size of camp ridge,and has a lot of trail heads very close along with groupe sites if you wish.Dogs are fine on a leash,very informal, but nice camping!Nothing but fine Ozark hills scenery, and some great riding!

barryreese

Mar 6, 2002
What time are yall starting on Saturday? I live down in Harrison and was thinking about driving up with a few people. Ive ridden quads and 3wheelers up there a few times but this would be my first time with a bike (02 YZ 125).

Blue Thunder

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2000
Our caravan of riders should be flowing in by 8-9am Saturday morning, look for the big white F250-4dr pulling an enclosed trailer, along w/a big red truck of the same model pulling a rail trailer. We are riding Saturday only but should be able to knock out 40-50miles worth of good rock riding. ;)

wfocrusty

Nov 2, 2001
Jason???

50 miles.....so what happens after the warm up? Just kidding.....this will be just a friendly trailride. I've even got some games lined up! We'll save the sadistic, bone crushing, mentally humiliating ride for the next month when you come down for YOUR B-day! :p

BTW, are any of those Topeka spodes coming down. I've heard they were going to engaged in some type of farm animal activity or something??? :think:

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Whoohoo

Myself and two others will be there for sure. I'm still trying to get 4 more people to confirm.

50 miles of freindly trailriding...I can handle that, but I'm driving 6 hours to ride this place...I want to be thoroughly pooped by the time I go home! ;) Surely we can have some good sprints in there and break 50 miles.

Blue Thunder

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2000
Careful for what you wish for CAL..hehe, with riding at Chadwick there is a quick learning curve for what we call the "buffer zone", this would be the space you allow between yourself and the bike ahead of you...especially if it is Crusty..I know the 426's throw punishing roost but that 520 hurls softball sized stuff at you making one feel as though you are riding at light speed through an asteroid field in Star Wars..
I'm sure we will endure some miles of sprinting but the single track is worth the drive and it doesn't matter what pace you go through this stuff, it is awesome!
I'll have Swade contact those sheep chasing, velcroe glove wearing Topeka boys, and see if they are gonna make the trek. :scream:

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Ahh Single track!

I was under the impression Chadwick was open due to so many 4bangers. We don't have any..well very little...single track around here. 50 miles of single track and I WILL be pooped. :eek:

Is everyone still planning on eating at Shoney's Sat. morning? I'm trying to decide if I want to stay with family in Springfield or come on down to Ozark Friday. :think: If I stay at Springfield, I would like to try and meet up with everyone at Shoney's.

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
50 miles of single track! ha! i hope ya'll know CPR...i can see it now..startin' the trail head on my redone 426, looking "oh-so good" siting still. at the 1 mile mark the 426 is rubble and at the end of the trail you'll see big lou riding me double on the back of his bike like ole' haus cartwright after rescuing hop sing from the bad old indians.....big lou, in his deep voice over his shoulder" don't worry lil buddy, we'll get you back to the ponderosa, now that's what we told you about straying out in the woods" me,holding on, battered ,"yessir mr haus"

wfocrusty

Nov 2, 2001
CAL, Crash, et al.......

There ARE fire roads at Chadwick, so I think everyone will find something to their liking. Two Toes has opened up quite a few knarly single track sections (too bad he won't be able to be there :whiner: ) so those of you who want to bang bars will not be dissapointed. There has been about 10 years of rain drop here in the last five days, however, so there are going to be alot of ruts and downed trees. I'm going in sometime during the week to see what the result is and I'll let everyone know.

P.S. We don't need no stinkin' steering dampers!!!

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Originally posted by wfocrusty
CAL, Crash, et al.......

P.S. We don't need no stinkin' steering dampers!!!

Let the flingin' begin...

Blue Thunder

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2000
Flingin'...yeehaw, dampers are for wussies..LMAO..Wadester, we know you are a special case and w/o said damper you might be inclined to actually let off the gas at certain times, though few and far between I have seen you let off from WFO across the nasties...again note: few and far between!
Crusty, get that chainsaw loaded and commence, the Donger need singletrack!! :aj:

wfocrusty

Nov 2, 2001
Now boys.....I didn't mean to start a ruckuss!!! Besides, the only things I intentionally fling are buggers. :)

I will admit that I did get some pretty severe arm pump in some sections and the Wadester did use me for traction on more than one occasion. However, I did install the fork revalve kit Jeb's been talking about (valve stack 2, thanks Jeb!). That should take that hammering mid-stroke spike out of the Katoom's forks.

B

biglou

"Mid-stroke spike", "Harshness", "Arm pump", blah, blah, blah...
You guys are gettin' all technical while I'm sitting there thinking, "Gee, I hope I can make it up this hill without falling over..."

Kaw_Boy_5

Apr 18, 2001
Man, I LOVE that place. Jealous I am going to miss it but at least I am going to get to spend the weekend watching the big boys battle it out in Glen Helen. Have a blast and throw a few rocks for me.

Blue Thunder

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2000
Jason D., shame you won't be here w/us, but I bet that day at Glen Helen will more than make up for it..bum!! How much longer is your tour of duty in SoCal?? The Kanas/Missouri dirt and rocks are calling for you...

Lou, you won't suffer any White Rock tendancies at Chadwick, Rick M. is a good trail leader and can break you in slowly to the welcoming rocks and hillclimbs that await you...
Meanwhile, if you are up for some gnarly stuff, jump in behind the leadership of WFOCrusty and let's find that "Widowmaker" hill...and no I'm not talking about that easy hill they call "Dariy Queen".. ;)

Kaw_Boy_5

Apr 18, 2001
I have until July 1 out here. Ready to get home but I guess I better enjoy my time or I will regret it later. Have fun at Chadwick, I'll be sure to cheer on Timmy Ferry for you.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Originally posted by wfocrusty
Now boys.....I didn't mean to start a ruckuss!!! Besides, the only things I intentionally fling are buggers. :)

I will admit that I did get some pretty severe arm pump in some sections and the Wadester did use me for traction on more than one occasion.

Laughin really hard here-Rick man, I am looking forward to this ride. But here is the deal, you see I learnt the hard way-don't ride the ass of a 520 w/ S-12. How did I learn that? Setting up a pass on your thumpin' arse only to have your tire literally launch a granite softball at my new AXO carbon fiber (which resonates nicely I might add).

Lou, not to worry buddy...Chadwick is Worlds of Fun for dirtbikes whereas White Rock is a little more comparable to boot camp for newbie riders. I do see another White Rock trip in your future, very sooonnn...

Top Bottom