Mac_380

Aug 13, 1999
A couple of guys from Louisiana are planning a trip to Chadwick the first week of May with a few questions. Is it possible to camp (with hookups) and ride our bikes to the trail system there? What would be the best place to check trail closure info (forest trails get closed down here when it rains more than 2 inches in 24 hours) and to ensure there is no enduro or organized race the weekend we plan on coming up?
We all have been wanting to ride Chadwick for a long time.

Thanks in advance for any input
Paul

Mac_380

Aug 13, 1999
When you say all rock,does that mean gravel,sheets of rock
or softball sized rocks? We don't have rocks down here just tree roots.

COLEMANAPP

~SPONSOR~
Feb 19, 2002
There's very little gravel, some slabs of rock, rocky ledges, softball to medicine ball rocks sticking up outta the ground and some loose rock. Get that trail map from the forest service. Its marked pretty good. It shows topography. If you pick a black trail, it usually means 1' to 4' rock ledges, you can either pick your way through these areas by crevices in the rock or you have to bunny hop up/down the faces. There's plenty of blue/green marked trails too. They do have these paving stone small jumps or whoops that they put in on the hills to control erosion. If wet, they are very slippery. They can be alot of fun too. Oh yeah, you have to stop by Kays ( a grocery/gas station near the entrance of the park) to get your day pass. They sometimes have maps there too. If its wet and you see any big puddles, go around, not through. I started to wheelie over one and I think I hit an ATV that was under the water. Chadwick does not disappoint, its worth the trip.

headbanger

May 7, 2000
We were down there the end of March for the Wudi ride and had a blast! The rocks can intimidate you at first, but riding different terrain will make you a better rider... so they say!
Use thick tubes, skid plates, pipe guards. The camping area is the nicest I have seen!
Bob in MN

RAH RAH

Aug 30, 2003
did you like the wudi better Bob? I had a blast there but have never had the opportunity for Chadwick until last DW. needless to say I chose DW.

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
COLEMANAPP said:
Oh yeah, you have to stop by Kays ( a grocery/gas station near the entrance of the park) to get your day pass.

If I remember correctly they'll want your VIN, write it down before loading your bikes. I had a heck of a time climbing through my loaded truck and getting where I could see mine.

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
You will have a great time, I live about 5 minutes away from campgrounds, and can count on more than two hands the number of bikes that go there on rainy days. So don't worry about the rain. Take extra tubes for sure, but there are 2 small bike shops in a town called Ozark. Farmers bike shop closes at noon on Saturday, and Basic Cycle closes at 3pm (I think). Both are closed on Sunday. I thought this might be valuble, but hopefully nothing will happen :thumb: Those are the nearest to Chadwick, both are good guys.

Top Bottom