Brute

Dec 22, 2003
The chain on my XR200R has rubber O rings and the book says not to clean it with solvents that may hurt the rubber O rings. What does every body recamend useing?

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Use a soft brass brush and soap and water. Diesel will damage the O-ring's and be a fire hazard.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
If your chain has a nasty grunge on it, you can use kerosene. Soap and water won't cut it in many instances.
Be sure not to use a stiff metal brush so you won't tear the rings.
DO NOT pressure wash it.

OKKX'er

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 10, 2001
After it's clean get some of Jaybird's lube (MX1000 link on his post) and it will stay totally clean. His lube dries and attracts ZERO dirt. A bottle really lasts a long time, and your chain stays clean.

Brute

Dec 22, 2003
Thanks every one!
Now, does any one have a clue where to get any thing to beef up the suspension on an 02 XR200R or if any one even makes parts to beef up these suspensions?

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Don't listen to jaybird, just knock the large chunks of with the hose and put some WD-40 on it because O-ring chains don't need maintance :p

Seriouly, I use chain block scrubber. When the bike is up on a stand you can just put some Simple green or the grunge away stuff that comes with it in there and put it around the chain and spin the wheel. It has a wheel brush in the box that turns and scrubs the chain as it moves. Works very well. you just hit it with the hose to get the soap of and spin it dry, then lube.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
If anybody would scott sumers racing would. I know they proably have a fork brace to stiffin things up in the front.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
http://www.srcinc.net/

They can help you with ALL of your Honda needs. Especially XR's.

I don't think they advertise any items for the xr200 specifically, but give them a call and I'm certain Wade will help you out. Top notch bunch of guys who are passionate about the sport.

kawdude

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2003
Originally posted by TheJunkMan
agreed with the simple green or PB blaster's degreaser

PB Blaster is an excellent cleaner and rust desolver.  Just be careful around rubber parts.  I would not recommend PB Blaster for this application.  I have had numerous instances in the past where this product damaged rubber parts.  Specifically, orings, this product eats at the rubber and will eventually destroy its properties.  Other than that it's an excellent product.

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
i have a question for you guys....has anyone tried clorox clean-up? This stuff works great on shoes even though your really not supposed to use clorox on leather, but do you think it would hurt the chain to try this stuff?

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Simple Green, a plastic bristled brush then either Honda lube in the red can or Jaybirds MX1000 stuff. Both work great.

Top Bottom