mxmatthew

Apr 7, 2003
Ok, so upon doing an engine rebuild i noticed that the little strip of plastic that the chain runs along that sort of wraps around the chain side of the swingarm was almost worn through. So i went to the dealership to pick up a new one and :ugg: another severely overpriced bike part. $60!!!! for a little strip of plastic, now i know its probably some kind of super-plastic stuff that never wears through or whatever the dealerships try to tell you.....but what the hell!?!?

Maybe its so expensive because i like up in canada eh?

but anyways, does anyone have any ideas or little secrects on how to make your own or how to find a cheaper alternative?

thanks a lot, after the engine rebuild that $60 is quite a bit.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Go aftermarket. It will be cheaper. I think MSR sells some. If you have a popular model bike there will be more choices.

va_yzrider

Apr 28, 2003
Check MXsouth.com. I know they have them from most aftermarket manufacturers and I'm pretty sure they are significantly cheaper than $60.

TWRT

Sep 13, 2001
I just went through the same thing. I bought "Fredette Chain Guide, Yamaha, $34.99" from rockymountainmc. It is the whole chain guide and stronger than stock.

Top Bottom