MXer666

Jul 15, 2007
its easy man, the one thing you have to make sure is which direction you clip in the master link circlip. i dont know what direction it is but if the chain is on the bike, the clips opening should be facing down. i dont know its hard to explain.

j.lawson

Jul 18, 2007
Its not complicated in any way, I usaually run the chain around the sprockets and through the guides, then overlap the excess on the chain, break off what you dont need, install chain (this may require loosening the axle nut and chain adj.?) throw on your masterlink clips, tighten anything down, go ride. :cool:

MXer666

Jul 15, 2007
its easy, you will get a length of chain which will probably be to big for your bike. They usually come with a few extra links so your gunna need to break the chain. When u pick up ur chaion tommorow ask the dealership or whoever your getting your chain from how to break the chain and they will show you. You will also get a master link with the chain, this link connects the chain together. basically you slide the 2 pronged piece towards you(presuming your on the left back end of the bike) and then put the oval shape piece with 2 holes in it on, then the clip that secures all of it together on. the clip can get tricky at times but it takes practice to get it.

And the first thing you should do is loosen the axel and slide the back wheel as far as it can go towards the front of the bike, make sure its straight and tighten it a little to make sure its not gunna move, then you can begin to measure how long your chain needs to be.

Top Bottom