chain lube.......

mozizkx125

May 26, 2004
what should i use to keep my chain lubed?

i was told by the previous owner of the bike to make sure i keep the chain lubed. but i dont know what to use.

oh yeah, also once i get the proper lube, how do i go about applying it??

thanks in advance,
moziz

mozizkx125

May 26, 2004
cool thanks for the help, those are very useful links....one more thing though, when i get the proper lube how would i go about applying it, if there's any special method? or is it just squirt on and let it set?

pls lmk
thanks
moziz

njkx

Apr 13, 2004
personally, i like silkolene brand. it is clear and doesnt spray all over your swingarm. as for applying it there should be instructions on the bottle, but you basically spray it on the chain while rotating the back wheel until the entire chain is covered. try to let it se 15 min. or so before you ride.

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
The MX 1000 is the best I have used. I just got my order from Jaybird on Thursday.

It is very inexpensive for what you get. All the other brands I used attracted a bunch of dirt and filth to the chain. The MX 1000 does not.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I use the Honda dry spray in the red can and Jaybirds stuff. Dry, non sticky is the way to go.

OKKX'er

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 10, 2001
Another vote for MX1000, chain stays clean (much cleaner) and a bottle lasts a loong time.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…