Chain on ebay

There's a guy on ebay selling non-o-ring and o-ring chain that he buys by the pallet and repackages it. Has anyone tried it and do you know what manufacturer/make it is?

I'm running a DID o-ring now, but I'm a sucker for cheap stuff.

Hi, e-mail the seller thru the "Ask Seller a Question" tab and ask him what make and model or go to his feedback (hope it's good) and e-mail some of his past buyers of that chain. Good Luck and state his eBay seller name for those interested here, thanx.

fuzzy

Subscriber
I just won a non-oring set w/ sprockets from that guy for my WR. Just wanted to try a different gear and it was cheap. If it works out I'll replace the sprockets with good stuff when it wears out. I'll see what I can get off the chain and post it when it comes in...

Last edited:

Duane

Lifetime Sponsor
I've seen bulk chain at tractor supply stores cheap. I have no idea how good these chains are, I've never tried them.

fuzzy

Subscriber
IMO, I like cheap chains. I'd rather shoot a $10 cheapie with solvent/lube and adjust every few rides for a season than mess with the maintenance invloved w/ making a $60-70 "good chain" last several seasons...

I bought one of his cheap non o-ring chains and it stretched like mad on just a few rides, I then bought a good x-ring chain and I've never had to adjust my chain in over 5 months. If you buy on of these chains you will be replacing it along with your sprockets in a month or so.

Then again, a local shop owner sells a NON o-ring chain that's some no-name (supposedly made by did) thing. Riders that have used it say it outperforms an o-ring chain.

yeah yeah...maintenance matters and all that........

Still, just because it's cheap doesn't mean it's no good.

Remember when hondas (cars) were 'cheap' and pieces of crap? Same for toyotas. The manufacturers that pointed the finger and held their noses then can only hope to attain their (h&t) marketshare now.

Last edited:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
Originally posted by canyncarvr
Still, just because it's cheap doesn't mean it's no good.

Remember when hondas (cars) were 'cheap' and pieces of crap? Same for toyotas. The manufacturers that pointed the finger and held their noses then can only hope to attain their (h&t) marketshare.
CC - Do you have to use a handcart to drag around a rationalization that big? :eek: :confused: :laugh:

Yes, I do.

I hitch'er up using the 2" receiver I have jb-welded to my kdx subframe.

Seriously (no...really!).....

While 'rationalization' may mean devising self-satisfying but incorrect reasons for anything, it may also be an interpretation from a rational standpoint.

If that's not clear.......it's the latter that applies! ;)

Thank you. Thank you very much.

See how rational I am?
(which was kinda the point... in case it slipped by...)

I'm not saying the chain is no good because it's cheap, I'm saying it's no good because I bought one and it SUCKS!

Sorry. I missed that you bought one of HIS chains. Thought it was just 'a' chain.

Thanks for making that clear. Well...it was clear enough before..I just cain't reed.

My handcart works goot, though! ;)

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
Originally posted by canyncarvr
Yes, I do.

I hitch'er up using the 2" receiver I have jb-welded to my kdx subframe.

Embrace your KDXedness Brother. :thumb: