Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
I believe its like 2 inches if you measure it the other way. pull up on the chain so its tight, right below your rubber thing on ur swing arm, and between twear the kickstand it. and measure form the swing arm up to the bottom of the chain. I believe it should be around 2 inches or so. Correct me if im wrong.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Unless you are ultra-positive about that measurement for that particular model bike, should it be recommended. It may be right, but if that particular method turns out to be just a tad tight, it can ruin your shain and sprockets fast. Each time you put the suspension in a tight situation, and the chain is even the slightest bit too tight, it can harm things little at a time...including bearings.
Best method is to do the 2% just one time and then check to see exactly what that ends up giving you when you put the bike down off the stand in a normal field position. You should be good from then on using that measurement.
I recommend doing this even if you have the manual. Manuals have been known to be off a bit. They give measureing techiniques that are easy for the general public to make...however they sometimes are not spot-on with this recommendation.

Now...some bikes you will find that the perfect measurement is in between what the bike adjuster will allow you to attain...better loose than tight in that situation.

Top Bottom