09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
I thought I would start another thread and see where it ends up.

I think "O - ring" chains suck. I usually replace it when I get a new scooter with a real good non o-ring chain. This year I have left the stock one on my new 300 xc and I am about to replace it - I think.

The o-ring chain offers nothing to me but, power robbing and difficult to clean.

I like normal chains and if you get a good one (D.I.D. gold) and take good care of it, it will last along time.

I use the Bell Ray lube - the white stuff

What say you clowns?

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
09oneL said:
I think "O - ring" chains suck.

What say you clowns?

I say that I use o-ring chains (Tsubaki Gold)....and the chick in the "lose weight" add under your post should be in a different bathing suit :whoa:

There's 2 pennies from this short clown.

E_Langen

Jun 25, 2000
Yam7M said:
...and the chick in the "lose weight" add under your post should be in a different bathing suit :whoa:

The ad I see is for KLR650 accessories. That must be because of the web sites I spend the most time on.

katoom125

Apr 25, 2004
I've also had pretty good luck with a "quality" non-o ring chain (at least on my 125's where every bit of power can't be wasted when you weigh as much as I do) - with the bigger bores I typically go with one of the newer x-ring chains, been pretty pleased with those.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I'll chime in later when this thread takes off in a direction that has nothing to do with chains....shouldn't take long.

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
Fred T said:
I'll chime in later when this thread takes off in a direction that has nothing to do with chains....shouldn't take long.

:cool:

Thanks Fred, I always appreciate your support.

Have you tried the green spring yet?

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
NO, I have not rode the 2-5-0 in a while. I like it so much the way it is I don't want to change it. But some day when I got some time to mess with it I will.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
tdunn976 said:
Your supposed to lube them?

NO the springs don't need to be lubed Tom.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
TCTrailrider said:
I like the Red spring. If I get stuck in the dryer and can no longer touch the ground I'll give Green a go. :laugh:

Do you think my mom left me in the dryer when I was little?? :think: Hmmmmmmm....that might explain it.

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Fred T said:
Do you think my mom left me in the dryer when I was little?? :think: Hmmmmmmm....that might explain it.
Dryer no - Falling out of a shopping cart yes! That must of felt like a 2 story drop to you short nutz, which explains the severe mental trauma you display :)

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Fred T said:

Don't you mean younger Fred? Pretty sure neither one of us has gotten bigger since we were "little". :) Except for a belly roll and an extra chin, that is.... :laugh:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Traction! Also helps the suspension work better.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Wolverine423 said:
Dryer no - Falling out of a shopping cart yes! That must of felt like a 2 story drop to you short nutz, which explains the severe mental trauma you display :)

Hmmmmm....your mom musta not buckled you in the car and bounced your head off the windshield a few times at stop lights then to explain your behavior. :yikes:

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
what ever happened to that TASTY old leaded paint we had back in the good old days??

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
tdunn976 said:
Was good stuff wasn't it. Damn near makes me cry thinking about it.
Ya and lead paint explains your behavior :cool:

Glad we have one another figured out here.

E_Langen

Jun 25, 2000
Fred T said:

biker2iy1.jpg

ws6transam

Nov 17, 2005
So classic. Note that she's running a very clean, OEM O-ring chain. Looks like Chainwax for a chain lube, as well. Regular spray-on chain lube would probably spoil the pink tutu.

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
I would like to team with her. She and I would use KY - lots of it ;)

I am sick!

Top Bottom