jakenepa

Feb 26, 2006
Last year i wore out a P.D. chain and sprockets(non o-ring and steel sprockets) pretty quickly,about half of the riding season.( purchased from rocky mountain). I had to adjust the chain after every ride, due to stretching. I lubricated and cleaned the chain regularly.This year i will buy an x-ring chain and new sprockets. My question is does an x, or o-ring chain fit on the kdx without any modifications?

kingsxjt

Dec 7, 2003
You may want to consider an FRP lower chain guide because the O-ring,X-ring chains are wider. They will rub the stocker. I have a PD O-ring chain and PD front and rear sprockets. I think I've had to adjust once in the last year.

kingsxjt

Dec 7, 2003
Really? I wonder if the lower chain guides are different between the two bikes too? Checked the Kawa parts diagrams-Same PN's on guide, but the 220 shows an O-ring chain PN. I remember now :coocoo: I changed my lower guide because I also got a 50T sprocket which dropped the chain down lower in the guide and I didn't want it to rub till it wore in. I do remember it being very close on the sides though.

Last edited:

jakenepa

Feb 26, 2006
thanks for the responses, i was wondering about the durability of primary drive parts, and it sounds like the o-ring chain or x-ring will be more durable than the standard chain. I will need it as i replaced the stocker with a fmf rev pipe recently and the power increase is phenomenal. I played around with different sprocket sizes last year and i'm back to stock sizes (13 & 47), and climbed some pretty gnarly hills, that i could not climb with stock exhaust.

csmutty

Uhhh...
Feb 28, 2006
I have a renthal gold series o-ring chain and sprockets on my kdx200 that I have had on there for a year now and I still have plenty of stretching left on it and i ride this bike in harescrambles and on local trails at least 5 times a week so it is not from lack of use.

Top Bottom