Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
Chandler Hill Challenge - Wolverine, Michigan
September 15-16

AMA Dual Sport
plus
AMA National Adventure Tour

by Great Lakes Dual Sporters

Like the Wolverine area? Want to ride some of the best chunks of the Tomahawk system, PLUS ride event/enduro trail on private property?

We are running some of the same event trail that Alan Randt will be using the previous weekend for an AMA D-14 enduro and you know Alan only uses good stuff.

The event will also have other private event trail not used in the enduro.

This is a full Dual Sport event, bikes must be street legal (like with a plate and stuff). This is a great chance to run event class trail in addition to an excellent Dual Sport route at your own pace.

For those familiar with GLDS's other Dual Sport events, you know we stick primarily to forest roads (two tracks) and connect it with bits of pavement and dirt. This event will have a lot more single track trail, although there are bypasses for all of the "hero sections" and most of the single track so don't be "scared off". All of the private event trail sections will be optional.

We are also holding an AMA National Adventure Tour with separate routes for the "big bikes" on the same weekend, same location. Hundreds of miles of awesome dirt & gravel with some pavement perfect for the adventure rider. Think 950 Adventures, KLR 650s and 1150GS long-haul machines.

FOOD is included on Saturday, lunch is served on the trail. Dinner will be served at camp.

There is free field camping available.

Route sheets, maps and GPS all included at registration. There will be on-the-ground markings for the Dual Sport routes to aid navigation in some sections.

There will be door prizes on Saturday night.

Flyer, including the ability to pre-register (paper or online, pay with a credit card even), is available on the GLDS site:
http://www.gldsmc.org/chandlerhill07.html

There are NO membership requirements for this event. We strongly encourage you to belong to the AMA and will have membership available at sign up. This is an AMA sanctioned event, it is not affiliated with any other organizations.

$35 for one day or $65 for both if pre-paid. $40/day if paid at the event.
Prepay gets a free T-Shirt.

Pictures of the area and course here:
http://www.gldsmc.org/Peep/main.php/v/2TrakR/wolverine07/

Directions:
I-75 to exit 290 (Vanderbilt).
North on Old 27 three miles to Thumb Lake Rd.
West on Thumb Lake 3.5 miles to Magee.
North on Magee 4 miles to Event (east side of Rd)
This is not the site of the enduro or the Tomahawk Trail Rider's Phil Bean event.

Questions:
info@gldsmc.org
jvalley@mac.com
(989) 879-5023

IMG_0757.JPG

chclogo.jpg

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
We have a couple guys (one in our Club) running one of those new 250 xcfw on our rides. Rave reviews about the bike although I hear they are a bit short legged on the road sections.

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
Your registration came through fine. Look forward to seeing you there.

I believe some of our guys were helping Alan with the event trail this week/previous weekend. Heard nothing but good stuff about the options from them (and the rest of the routes were already fantastic)!

SNDMN2

Jul 18, 2003
Can't make it. Love the area though.Party for my nephew that day. He's in from Kalifornication with his soon to be bride. Thats alright with me though. He's a cool kid and I"m glad to see he's found happiness.

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
MuddyBuddy said:
Today's the last day to register? Can we register Saturday morning?

We'll gladly accept registration on the day(s) of the event.

Pre-paying gets you a discount plus a free event shirt.

MuddyBuddy

Nov 1, 2006
^Ah, okay. Dang it, missed a free shirt! So is the start around Magee and Springfield Road - where the two intersect or where it intersects with Penfold? Anyway, my husband and I will be there bright and early Saturday.

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
Staging area is near Magee and Walton (just north of Walton 1/4 mile). It's _not_ where the Tomahawk Trail Riders have their Phil Bean Memorial ride in June, it's a bit south of there.
If you are coming in from the south, from Thumb Lake Road, we'll have it marked to make it easy to find.
See you then!

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
2TrakR said:
Staging area is near Magee and Walton (just north of Walton 1/4 mile). It's _not_ where the Tomahawk Trail Riders have their Phil Bean Memorial ride in June, it's a bit south of there.
If you are coming in from the south, from Thumb Lake Road, we'll have it marked to make it easy to find.
See you then!

Sounds like Teddy's place. I attended a Randt trail ride that staged from this location.

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
You're right, Mike. We are using Ted's place (he's done most of the course layout work for the event except for the Randt hero sections). Same field as the Stumpjumper's '03 trail ride.

BTW - We have your Dad signed up, guess he didn't talk you into it yet... ;-)

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
2TrakR said:
BTW - We have your Dad signed up, guess he didn't talk you into it yet... ;-)
He lives about 10-15 miles from Ted's place and loves to dual sport in the area. I will be riding the hero sections this weekend. If I feel like another dose, you may see me next weekend.

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
We are doing registration, sound/tech and handing out paperwork starting at 7PM on Friday night. If you come through then, you can start whenever you want on Saturday morning.
Registration is open at 8AM to 10/10:30AM on Saturday. You can start pretty much anytime you want, we are trying to get everyone out on the trail by 10:30/11 so we can get folks back for dinner in time.

About the only issue with starting too early is getting to the lunch stop too soon. Lunch is scheduled for noonish & I'm not sure how soon they will have food ready.

Top Bottom