kuchera89

Jul 9, 2004
ok, i blew a seal in one fork. i removed the fork and slide down the dust seal and removed the retaining ring. i still cant get to the oil seal. how do i remove the inner tube from the outer tube? i've tried stroking but they wont come apart. do i need to remove somthing else first. this is my first time doing this and i dont want to pay another $52 like the last one. please help.

kuchera89

Jul 9, 2004
do I remove the valve assembly off the bottom to separate the outer tube from the inner tube?

if so where do i get a 14mm allen key?
thanks, michael

kuchera89

Jul 9, 2004
thanks :worship: so much for the link. I took out the spring and gave it two yanks and bingo. it went together smothly too but when i went to put in the oil , i decided to check the other fork so i could match it and it was 170mm from the top (i guess the dealership screw up :p ) so i added some so it was a 100mm like my manual says but i ran out of oil for the next one. i got enough in it to check it if was going to work so i put it back together and it holds oil. so tomarrow i will fill it correctly and put it on the bike. :aj: thanks again

Top Bottom