jim7411

Nov 24, 2003
I have a new KX65 that calls for a 32:1 gas oil mixture. I was looking at the Team Green jetting recommendations and they call for a 40:1 ratio. Their testing specs of 70 deg. and 0-3000asl fall within my same area. So should I change the fuel oil ratio to match theirs? The bike is rich. It smokes pretty much white smoke. I have moved the clip up one position already. It also has pretty much spooge running down the outside of the silencer.
I don't know much about this bike or 2 strokes in general so a little knowledgable help on changing the fuel ratio would be appreciated. Or, should I just stick with the 32:1 and change mainjet and clip position?
They also call for a hotter spark plug, so I would do that at the same time.
I don't want to burn the bike up doing something stupid so please help if you can.

Thanks

KX02

Jan 19, 2004
Allot of folks here seem to think 32:1 is magic and if you don't use it your bike will seize up immediately. When I first got my bike is spooged out the muffler terribly. I experimented with jetting and fuel/oil ratio quite a bit. I ran as little oil as 50:1 at times last year. Right now I've been running 42:1, one size smaller pilot jet, once size smaller main jet. Bike runs great and has clean exhaust. Oh, and I also have been running one size hotter plug. If I were you I'd first try jetting, don't neglect the pilot circuit. See what that gets you, afterwards you might try less oil and the hotter plug as needed.

Top Bottom