mmz77

Oct 15, 2006
mox69 said:
My shop manual says pour in until it comes out the check hole :)
Yeah thats what you are supposed to do, I usually recommend filling it up a little more just to be safe.

kx125412

Mar 30, 2006
Nope, just undo the drain bolt under the engine until it comes to a slow, slow drip then tighten that sucker back up, measure out 750mls fill it up and ride.

sixds

Mar 25, 2007
let it drain until no more oil comes out the drain hole, then tip the bike over to each side and push the kickstarter down one or two times slowly.

Mar 16, 2007
dont over fill it, I cant remember which mag of mine was talking about this but overfilling it isnt good for the bike. go by what it says to put. in the article it said putting a little extra in there is ok but dont over do it. so if you 750 is required I would probably put in 800.

hopefully some of the more experienced guys will hop in here and have something to say about this.

i think the reason it said dont add too much is because it will do something to the clutch along the lines of wearing it out faster or something like that.

Racerboy

Apr 14, 2007
Also when your loosening the drain plug make sure your actually loosening and not tightening, learned that one the hard way. RRRRRRRRRRRRRR

freightrain

Nov 17, 2004
The drain plug is about halfway down the case cover. It will look different from the other bolts and may have philips screwdriver slots. I usually fill it till it starts dribbling, take the bike for a quick spin and check it. I usually have to add a little more after running it.

Top Bottom