Cheap carb tool for WR and YZ 4 stroke

Tree Crippler

Jun 8, 2000
I got tired of taking the carb off my WR400 to adjust the fuel screw so I made cheap adjuster. Cut a nail to about 1 inch, crush the head in a vise and file the end you cut. A dremel makes the process real fast. Cost 1 cent. Works great.

bentbarz

Dec 16, 2000
I felt the same frustration, but made a little different tool. I took one of those cheap screwdrivers that companies give away and cut it off so it was about 1.5" long. I had to remove the plastic handle from the piece cut of, adjust the length (to about 3/8") and Glue it on the end I needed.

Took just a few minutes, and works well. With the plastic handle it eisy to keep track of.

SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
Feeling the angst I have yet another answer.

Snap-on makes an electrical scewdriver that has a disk for a handle(yellow plastic) that is about .250" thk.
It has a slotted blade about .750' long.
This is the fuel screw tool.
Premade.
Wake up and smell the bean oil....

wrooster

Feb 12, 2001
SFO,

are you talking about Snap-On part number SD11B?
(Screwdriver, Flat Tip, Stubby, Clear Handle, .037 x 3/16" tip, 1 11/16")

$5.15 from their web site. go to "screwdrivers" then select "screwdrivers / clear handle / flat/philips tip" then select "flat tip/philips tip", it's the second item on the next page.

the wrooster

Kramer

Jan 19, 2000
Another different solution to your frustration:
I took an extra, narrow blade screwdriver bit from my cordless drill toolbox. Put a dab of silicone caulk on the end, and stuck it in a 1/4" x 1/4" drive socket.

SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
WRooster,
I looked at the SD11b.
I am uncertain if that is the one I am reffering to.
Of course I cannot find my new Snappy catalog I just got last wk.
I believe the handle is shorter on mine, it was in the electrical section of the snap-on catalog...

Top Bottom