Cheaper boots for someone with wide feet?

ColeSloth

Mar 5, 2009
I'm just getting around to dirt biking at the ripe old age of 25 and about the only thing i have left i need are the boots.

The local shop has slim to none options so I'm left getting ahold of some online without getting to try them on.

I can fit well into any size 12(US) shoe I have ever tried length wise, but have a bit wider feet than normal.

Anyone out there got about the same type of foot and know of some that fit well? It would help me out a lot and after buying everything else I'm a bit too strapped to spend over $200.00

Thanks for any help you can offer.
ColeSloth

B

biglou

Which brands in which sizes have you tried that were too narrow? I wear 12 also, but my feet are "D" width (medium, I think). I've had four pairs of Alpinestars (M4, Tech6 x2, Tech7), and just got a pair of Gaerne SG10, all size 12, and all fit me fine, but I can't recall if they were very tight or not.

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
How you liking the SG10's Lou? I'm thinking those are the ones I'm goin with...once I get a new job anyway!haha Is the fit good. I've heard mixed things about them being undersized and oversized. I'm a 12 in a sneaker. Do they fit true?

B

biglou

Yep. I got 12 and that's what I wear in everything else. I haven't ridden in them yet. Hopefully this weekend.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
I've worn the SG10 and it was a damn nice boot. I wear size 10 sneakers/work boots and the size 10 boots fit well. Maybe a hair narrower than the Astars, but it's been a while so I could be imagining that.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
IndyMX said:
My feet are EE.. I'm wearing size 10 Tech 8's.. they fit well.
Dang, Flipper. :nener:

Colesloth, you might want to pick up some MX socks or at least some tall ones. The top strap actually goes into the boot. You feel it against bare skin, but I dont feel it with tall socks. I got Astars socks to go with the boots.

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
thanks Lou and joe. didn't mean to hi-jack your thread colesloth. is that like cole slaw but more hairy?derrrrrrrrrrr i be soooo funny and stuff

ColeSloth

Mar 5, 2009
boots do all right, but I didn't realize there was no steel at the toe and the strap design is horrible.

Pretty comfortable and they work though.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom