Check this out what 's next????????

BBB

Jul 10, 2000
No one is saying that all lawyers are bad people, nor are all of them practicing unethically. However there ARE alot that do. And most politicians are lawyers. Some sort of check and balance system would be nice to have to keep the ambulance chasers and the like in check.

------------------
Bobby B. Boykin A92
Texas Championship Hare Scramble Series

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
There is a check and balence system. That is the whole reason the pres, house, and senate all have to monitor each other. That is also the reason why the lady who started this has not much power. She will soon be overpowered by the higher powers(I hope)

------------------
Aaron's web site

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
The checks and balances are the good guy lawyers,
biggrin.gif
, judges with spine, and, ultimately, voters. Voters directly choose some of the participants (like the state's attorney in this story), local judges, and, for federal judges and appellate judges, the politicians who appoint them. (Not to mention that they act as jurors, too).

This lady should simply be voted out of office.

------------------

Spike

Nov 24, 2000
I am a milford rider... The article is a very accurate representation of what we have been going through....We have started allowing our younger members to ride again, but we have had to have new waivers for the kids...and they will not protect us criminally...we have also had to tighten up on our rules and events to try to avoid being charged..Anyone who feels they can be of any assistance I would urge you to contact me at jjaffe01@yahoo.com The rest of the posters...We appeciate the support...

------------------
Yamaha YZ400F

Any reason is a good reason to ride.

dirtbikedad

Mar 24, 2001
Have you ever been inside a BLM or USFS office. I work with people in both everyday. They are packed with greenies. From top management down to the clerk stenographers they are all environmental nuts. They have developed a staff structure where all the people in control think public land should be fenced like a prison with guard towers every 100 yards. The deck is stacked against those of us who think public land is for the public and people and their activities as natural as fish swimming in a stream. I'm fed up with their control practices that reflect the ignorant values of the masses who reside in cities and have never seen any public land. If you agree with me I ask that you write your congressman.

Jerry

------------------
Old guy who putts around on a '00 WR400F behind the KX_kid

trailrider822

Mar 14, 2007
i can tell you this much

i can tell you this much: we still have a constitution in this country that endows us with the rights to life, liberty , and the pursuit of hapiness. We have just as much right to ride our bikes on our own properties just as lawmakers can ride their lawn tractors on theirs. Education on safe riding and bringing more positive popularity to the sport needs to be considered by the lawmakers than shutting the sport down from one state to the next.

Last edited:

Tod

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2002
trailrider822 said:
i can tell you this much: we still have a constitution in this country

But it is only valid if people stand up for it.

"Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did, and it never will. Find out just what people will submit to, and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them; and these will continue till they have resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress."
-- Frederick Douglas

trailrider822

Mar 14, 2007
very true. all motorcyclists in all categories need to be informed of all riding issues and get involved. The more strength in numbers we can acquire, the better.

skyhigh230

Mar 21, 2007
i dont think ive ever seen anything more discraceful than this...child molesting considered to riding a dirt bike...im tired of a bunch of liberals in monkey suits trying to ruin a sport. more than twice the times of injuries occur in baseball than off road riding oh yah getting a hard ball thrown at your head 89 MPH isnt dangerous but riding a dirt bike is way worse...give me a freakin break.rember what this country was established on! the people run their goverment not the goverment shuts down a sport and ruins fun for millions of people...we need to band together and fight for our right to ride!!

tn_tuxedo

Oct 9, 2004
Connecticut is in dire need of an enema!

So, does this pinko bimbo plan to charge school bus drivers in the People's Republic of Connecticut with "risk of injury" to a minor for taking kids to school? After all, our highways are statistically the most dangerous places in America. How about teachers? A child could fall off the monkey bars at recess and get hurt. (Maybe I should rephrase that last sentence. I wouldn't want anyone to think I was comparing children to monkeys. :ohmy: )

This is just a variation of an old gov't tactic. If they can't persuade one to change one's behavior, they'll try to tax that behavior out of existence. If they can make the cost of participation in a given activity prohibitively expensive sooner or later noone will. Although a bit dated, Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan's proposed 5000% tax on ammunition is an example.
Mary Galvin is trying to use Connecticut's law as a mechanism to inconvenience people into changing their behavior by making them defend themselves in court and, of course, paying the legal fees for such a defense. Let's not forget about lost income for every minute spent in court instead of at work. It's the same old circus, just with a different clown.

Can't your kids just curl up with a good book? :rotfl:

Rhein

Jul 17, 2006
wardy said:
http://www.ama-cycle.org/magazine/2001/story1may.html

This factor here could be the fastest way for the government to shut down 50-60% of the riding/racing in this country.
We really need to watch our government, not to mention how important it is to voice your opinion in a intelligent matter when things like this come up.
Further more when this women goes for relection I would suggest that anyone that can get invovled do what ever is needed (legally of course) to make sure she does not retain office.

wardy

Those are the SAME B*STARDS that haven't passed Jessica's Law yet? HYPOCRITES! :pissed:

Oct 23, 2005
Thiat is complete nonsense. Kids on dirtbikes should be a great thing. It gives them something to do and they enjoy it. If more hobbies like this one is taken away then kids could become quite bored easily and resort to other things such as drugs. Its a proven fact that kids who are involved with hobbies/sports are less likley to do drugs than kids who are involved in nothing. Thats my 2 cents.

Aug 29, 2007
I can tell you from experience that kids would LOVE to ride dirtbikes all day long (well, the normal ones at any rate), and they certainly don't need someone telling them that they can't, or making it harder for them to do it responsibly. This will only contribute to more accidents (kids love to do things that people tell them they can't do). A lot of kids I know are very responsible, and don't need an adult to fawn over them at all times. There must be something in the water here. I do realize that adults should be present when there are kids operating such potentially dangerous machines such as dirt bikes, but this is not the way to go about it.

Assuming that the original material was a proposal to restrict underage riding. Of course, I can't tell as the link is dead. If it was about something else, please move along... :blah:

EDIT: Woohoo for thread revivals!

Top Bottom