Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
I never said Gooby's posts weren't valuable, or that he shouldn't post. You guys are being way too sensitive! All I was suggesting (admittedly a failed attempt at humor) was that by using just a few more keys, his posts would be a lot easier to read. HOW MANY POSTS DO YOU SEE WHERE ALL THE TEXT IS IN CAPITAL LETTERS? YOU DON'T SEE THAT MANY BECAUSE IT"S HARDER TO READ, AND USUALLY THE PERSON GETS THE HINT.

Now don't go and take your ball home and sit out the game just because I can't catch your curve ball posts. Is it really easier to write using seemingly random spaces, punctuation, and shorthand? If it is then fine - more power to you! I just find that it takes way more effort than necessary to read all the good things he has to say. Hey, we're not communicating here via a 160 character display screen, where shorthand is a necessity.

Or maybe I'm way off base here, and a lot of people are accessing this forum with a web-enabled cell phone... :think:

jeffw

Nov 27, 2001
I took my bag off because it kept whacking my butt when I was back on the bike, especially on steep downhills. I use a fanny pack if I need to carry anything I don't feel like borrowing:)

CO Dan

~SPONSOR~
Apr 20, 2001
SHR,

Can I ask for some clarification about the bag the Canadian Dave lost all this jetting hardware out of?

Specifically, are we talking about the OEM bag, or the dirt-bike-gear.com bag?

I ask for this clarification because it would be easy to read that the bag I make (I'm the dirt-bike-gear guy) failed, and I'd bet anything that isn't what you meant. I'd hate for a possible customer to believe my bags fall apart.

In Dave's profile, it says Alberta, Canda. I've sold one bag to Alberta (the other Canadian bag went to Quebec) and it didn't go to anyone named Dave.

Thanks,
Dan

ChuckyBoy

~SPONSOR~
May 2, 2002
I love my tool bag...couldn't live without it. However, I hate the purple color and it has not proven to be too durable. It's tearing pretty good in the corners of the bag.

I've been contemplating which replacement bag to buy...Moose or DBG. They're both over forty bucks though! I just went to Wal-Mart and bought a Samosonite camera bag for $7.47. It's black, the perfect size, has lots of compartments and was super cheap. With a little creativeness I am sure I can get the thing mounted.

I think it's gonna work out fine. If you need to replace you "cheezy" OEM bag, I suggest checking out the Wal -Mart Camera section.

Just my 2 cents worth,
Chuck

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
The one thing that I really like about the DBG bag compared to a camera bag is that the DBG bag has fairly long and adjustable compression straps. They allow you to snug down the contents of the bag so they don't rattle around and tear up the bag and potentially damage the contents.

ChuckyBoy

~SPONSOR~
May 2, 2002
Yeah, I thought about the compression straps...after I bought the camera bag though. Not having them is a definte drawback to the camera bag. I'm gonna have to figure out a workaround. Maybe some smaller bags inside wrapped with velcro cinch straps? I dunno. We'll see.

Chuck

Top Bottom