Chesley Sullenburger, you are the MAN!!

rpm12505

~SPONSOR~
Sep 25, 2005
Are you kidding me? He lands a commercial jet in the hudson river and everyone lives, OUTSTANDING! To quote some pro skateboard dude " he's like a giant pair of testicles with arms".

I am often in awe when these guys ( any and all pilots) to get these beasts off and better yet down on the ground safely.

Thanks to U.S. Air for not making the old guy part of a budget cut, and the designers of the Airbus 320 for making a plane that can fly, crash and float all on the same day. (Please tell me the french didn't design that).

The Big Guy upstairs should probably get a nod also :nod:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
that's pretty damn impressive, and I'm sure we'll be seeing interviews of everyone on the plane for the next couple weeks ;)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Having flown for several years, known pilots that crashed and servived, and those that crashed and parished, this was an amazing feat of training and experience taking over when it really, really mattered. If the guy is not ready to retire, he should and US Air should offer full retirement benefits to him and the crew. The New York harbor boat operators should be commended for their prompt actions that saved all aboard.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
After looking at the history of that plane, possibly made in Germany? I wonder if a Boeing could have survived? It was definitely a group effort to pull that miracle off. There is a lot of instances where planes have lost a engine to birds, but both? WOW!

rpm12505

~SPONSOR~
Sep 25, 2005
Heard some reports that the a320 has a ditch switch. Something about making the plane more water tight in case of a wet landing. Come on who's going to need that :yikes:

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
He lives about a half hour from me. On the local news they said he has studied plane physics ( or something like that ). They said he called his wife right after and said he had a mishap, before she saw the news. Also said that he searched the plane for passengers before he exited.. Well done :cool:

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
rickyd said:
Also said that he searched the plane for passengers before he exited.. Well done :cool:

WOW. thats a heck of a guy!!!!

Top Bottom