Chest protector? Okay maybe not.

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
Mastectomy Hospital Bill in Congress

If you know anyone who has had a mastectomy, you may know that there is a lot of discomfort and pain afterwards. Insurance companies are trying to make mastectomies an outpatient procedure. Let's give women the chance to recover properly in the hospital for 2 days after surgery.

Mastectomy Bill in Congress

It takes 2 seconds to do this and is very important...please take the time and do it really quick!

Breast Cancer Hospitalization Bill - Important legislation for all women.

Please send this to everyone in your address book. If there was ever a time when our voices and choices should be heard, this is one of those times. If you're receiving this, it's because I think you will take the 30 seconds to go to vote on this issue and send it on to others you know who will do the same.

There's a bill called the Breast Cancer Patient Protection Act which will require insurance companies to cover a minimum 48-hour hospital stay for patients undergoing a mastectomy. It's about eliminating the "drive-through mastectomy" where women are forced to go home just a few hours after surgery, against the wishes of their doctor, still groggy from anesthesia and sometimes with drainage tubes still attached.

Lifetime Television has put this bill on their web page with a petition drive to show your support. Last year over half the House signed on

PLEASE!! Sign the petition by clicking on the web site below. You need not give more than your name and zip code number.

http://www.lifetimetv.com/health/breast_mastectomy_pledge.html

This takes about 2 seconds. PLEASE PASS THIS ON to your friends and family, and on behalf of all women

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
I signed the petition and also passed it on.

Let's stop this ladies!

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
I just signed it. Thanks for the link, I will pass it on..
My Mom had a lumpectomy this past Friday, had to bring her home Friday night after the surgery. We wished she could of stayed overnight. Talk about being nervous while driving!!

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
It is amazing to me how our Congress can even consider giving the insurance companies more and more leverage on making health care decisions for their subscribers. AMA has been fighting against insurance companies denying coverage for any motorcycle related accidents for years.

The insurance companies won the fight to get women out of the hospital within 24 hours of giving birth years ago. This policy almost killed my daughter when she was born. Because of the "stipulations" by my insurance carrier we had to be released within 24 hours of when she was born. I kept telling the nurse that there was something wrong with my baby, she wasn't breathing right. They did some tests and brought her back to me and sent us home. Two days later, while at home, my son and I had gone out to the backyard to play while the baby was sleeping in her bassinette. When we came back in 10 minutes later she was laying there totally blue and not breathing. I grabbed her and turned her over, ran to the phone to call 911 (son was only 2 1/2 so he couldn't feasibly call) and as I was dialing she spewed some ugly green stuff out of her nose and started to cry, which meant she was breathing. They sent the EMT over anyways and checked her out then I hauled her to the ER. It was a nightmare for the next two days as they tried test after test after test on the 2 day old baby. I kept telling them she must have simply nearly suffocated on some of the crap stuck in her lungs from when she was born but they insisted she had a seizure, even though all their tests & scans indicated not. Idiots!

At least it ended well, she was fine and is now almost 12 yo and a total sweetheart, for a smart athletic ornery nearly teenage girl.

This Bill is just giving the insurance companies more control than the doctors or patients again.

Last edited:

tonibaloney

I'm here
Sep 19, 2006
jeez, what a scare!! unbelievable how ignorant people are. these insurance companies have no idea of what really matters. it's all dollar signs. ridiculous.

Top Bottom