Chest Protectors

I am going to purchase an Ocelot gear package, and i was wondering about the chest protector. Is the fit of men's chest protectors sufficent for all of you that have larger assets? (C or larger) Is the quality of protection compromised by the fit at all? Or should i just ebay the Ocelot when it comes and save for a woman-specific protector?

Hi, I wear(whisper---> 40C)and I have a Thor chest protector. I have no problems.
Just my input.

Pam

Do you know anybody with the Ocelot chest protector? I am a *whispers, 36 C-D* and a bit unsure. Thank you for the input tho. Greatly appriciated.

CaNaDiAn,Eh?

If you aren't sure about the ocelot protector and want to go for a protector designed for women. Acerbis makes a womens chest protecter I read a review on it in a magazine and it was given a good rating. You might want to check that out.

Most of the mens chest protectors will fit, the fox airframe is good as it comes in different sizes. I think you will find that most chest protectors will fit in that area but you may have trouble with how the shoulders sit.

Ive tried an older aceribis womens protector on and it fit ok but I felt that it sat too high up my neck for me to be comfortable.

Havent tried the one on that you have but I have tried others and the fox definately was the best.

Fe_princess

Lifetime Sponsor
I use an Acerbis for women. I like it but my hair gets caught in the shoulder and sometimes my inner underarm gets rubbed after a long ride.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
I have the Acerbis for women also (the Fusion) and really like it, mainly because I don't feel like it's slipping off my shoulders or choking me if I lift my arms. However I am NOT well endowed. It is curved to fit a woman's chest but not exaggeratedly so; I am going to assume it would "squish" less than a normal CP but still would squish a little bit. My biggest complaint is that the side buckles on mine don't stay put very well.

Did anyone see that (CHEESY) motocross scene in Charlie's Angels 2? They had skin tight gear, 5 pounds of makeup and weird chest protectors with actual boobs sticking out--like Princess Leia's metal bra in Return of the Jedi. How ridiculous.

I saw that movie at the drive-in. That and 2Fast2Furious. I only went because of the 2F2F and the MX scene in Full Throttle. I'm not complaing cuz it wasnt too bad for only $6. Dont get to see that many movies with MX in them. Maybe it will get more women into the sport. Cheesy i admit but decent.

By the way, thank you all for the advice. I'll see how it fits when it gets here. It comes free with the package, so it will be no big deal to ebay it and purchase another. Just not too sure if i want to dish out $125 for one yet. I problably will, though. :-P

I havent seen that movie yet but I remember reading somewhere that the riders in Charlies Angels were guys with wigs and stuff!

36C (sshhhh), I thought guys CP's were fine too, until I tried a womans.

I've got an acerbis, it's comfy and not restricting-I don't even notice I'm wearing it (until I fall and don't hurt myself). The buckles are kind of a pain to get in place, but the quick release is awesome.

Motogrl307

Subscriber
I have an acerbis also and like it better than others I've tried. I removed the arm pieces though they bugged me

Ya, the arm things are weird, but they were better once my camelback was on.

Also, I know this is really cheesy, but it's great to see other women when I'm riding. We all, for the most part, look the same when we're geared up. So it's cool to see the Acerbis CP and know I'm not alone out there.