pyrofreak

Apr 9, 2003
I am going to purchase an Ocelot gear package, and i was wondering about the chest protector. Is the fit of men's chest protectors sufficent for all of you that have larger assets? (C or larger) Is the quality of protection compromised by the fit at all? Or should i just ebay the Ocelot when it comes and save for a woman-specific protector?

pyrofreak

Apr 9, 2003
Do you know anybody with the Ocelot chest protector? I am a *whispers, 36 C-D* and a bit unsure. Thank you for the input tho. Greatly appriciated.

C

CaNaDiAn,Eh?

If you aren't sure about the ocelot protector and want to go for a protector designed for women. Acerbis makes a womens chest protecter I read a review on it in a magazine and it was given a good rating. You might want to check that out.

KDXgirl

May 10, 2003
Most of the mens chest protectors will fit, the fox airframe is good as it comes in different sizes. I think you will find that most chest protectors will fit in that area but you may have trouble with how the shoulders sit.

Ive tried an older aceribis womens protector on and it fit ok but I felt that it sat too high up my neck for me to be comfortable.

Havent tried the one on that you have but I have tried others and the fox definately was the best.

Fe_princess

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 7, 2001
I use an Acerbis for women. I like it but my hair gets caught in the shoulder and sometimes my inner underarm gets rubbed after a long ride.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I have the Acerbis for women also (the Fusion) and really like it, mainly because I don't feel like it's slipping off my shoulders or choking me if I lift my arms. However I am NOT well endowed. It is curved to fit a woman's chest but not exaggeratedly so; I am going to assume it would "squish" less than a normal CP but still would squish a little bit. My biggest complaint is that the side buckles on mine don't stay put very well.

Did anyone see that (CHEESY) motocross scene in Charlie's Angels 2? They had skin tight gear, 5 pounds of makeup and weird chest protectors with actual boobs sticking out--like Princess Leia's metal bra in Return of the Jedi. How ridiculous.

pyrofreak

Apr 9, 2003
I saw that movie at the drive-in. That and 2Fast2Furious. I only went because of the 2F2F and the MX scene in Full Throttle. I'm not complaing cuz it wasnt too bad for only $6. Dont get to see that many movies with MX in them. Maybe it will get more women into the sport. Cheesy i admit but decent.

pyrofreak

Apr 9, 2003
By the way, thank you all for the advice. I'll see how it fits when it gets here. It comes free with the package, so it will be no big deal to ebay it and purchase another. Just not too sure if i want to dish out $125 for one yet. I problably will, though. :-P

KDXgirl

May 10, 2003
I havent seen that movie yet but I remember reading somewhere that the riders in Charlies Angels were guys with wigs and stuff!

rkmorrow

Apr 29, 2003
36C (sshhhh), I thought guys CP's were fine too, until I tried a womans.

I've got an acerbis, it's comfy and not restricting-I don't even notice I'm wearing it (until I fall and don't hurt myself). The buckles are kind of a pain to get in place, but the quick release is awesome.

rkmorrow

Apr 29, 2003
Ya, the arm things are weird, but they were better once my camelback was on.

Also, I know this is really cheesy, but it's great to see other women when I'm riding. We all, for the most part, look the same when we're geared up. So it's cool to see the Acerbis CP and know I'm not alone out there.

Moto'n Mama

~SPONSOR~
Nov 14, 2003
I tried the Fusion once and thought it fit really well. Thats probably what I'll end up with next. I have a little kids size chest protector now and it works but its not very comfortable. Yes, I can get away with wearing kids chest protectors :ugg: .

KDXgirl

May 10, 2003
On the subject of chest protectors, has anyone worn one of those light weight under the jersey style ones, like a fox roost one?? My jersey is printed with sponsor logos and stuff so to do the right thing by them I cant really race in my airframe unless its a rocky track because I dont want to cover up the logos. I know they dont have the same protection but I was thinking one of them with a daineise backprotector/kidney belt in one??

I dont like the under the jersey armour jacket style

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
I have the medium Fox Airframe. It fits me really well, I am small though, only 5'3" 105. I have tried on the lady fusion and didnt like the way it sat on my shoulders. It felt really wide at the shoulder, and seemed to sit high on my neck. Plus the back didn't seem like it would bend for riding in the "attack" position.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
MXgirl--you really don't notice the back of it in "attack" or any other position. I would think it sits on smaller frame better but I have fairly wide bulky shoulders so I am not sure. (and 36B just to chime in to that conversation) I look like a boy in MX gear.

pyrofreak

Apr 9, 2003
As far as the under-protectors go, i would consider the hard plastic front and open back styles like, EVS's Rev2 or SixSixOne's Defender Lite. You could even go oldschool and go for and O'Neal Rok Jacket II. They all seem like adequate protcion at a lower cost and wieght.

altagirl

~SPONSOR~
Mar 17, 2003
I have an Azonic Z-5 body armor jacket. The fit is okay (chest peice not really designed for women, but it's okay) but I love the protection. It has the spine protector/integrated kidney belt, chest, shoulder and elbow guards all in one. I would think the versions that have only the spine protector and kidney belt would work really well too if you don't want the sleeves and such.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
I also have the Acerbis Lady Fusion protector...and although I've never tried any others, I really like this one.

I'm a 34C, but that's before I put on a sports bra! It doesn't squish or suffocate anything on me. But, the one problem I do find with it is the shoulders don't stay up very well. I have a small frame so the shoulders are too wide...I have to ziptie them in place.

phirechick

Sponsoring Member
Jul 3, 2001
I've had the Acerbis for 2 years now and rarely use it, due to the fact it rides way to high. With my helmet on, I am barely able to turn my head maybe an inch each side. My suggestion, bring your helmet with you when you try it on.

Top Bottom