HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
A good friend of mine is getting ready to make his 1st dirtbike purchase (prob. a DRZ250 or whatever the 4-stroke 250 is by 'zuki).  I'm not sure his wife will talk to me for eggin' him on. :)

Anyway, he lives outside Pittsburgh and I live just south of Denver.  It looks like the mid point is somewhere between Des Moine and Chicago.  Where would the best place be? 

I can hold my own, but he is a beginner so keep that in mind.

James980

Dec 29, 1999
Originally posted by HomeMadeSin
It looks like the mid point is somewhere between Des Moine and Chicago.

I wouldn't think in terms of a midpoint. Both of you will have to travel quite a bit (or one of you will have to travel a lot) to hook up. I'd look elsewhere to get the most bang for your bucks, like LBL (www2.lbl.org/lbl/OHVTrails.html) in Kentucky or the Hatfield-McCoy (www.trailsheaven.com) trails in West Virginia.

With all due respect, we are very grateful for the places we have to ride at around Chicago and the riding park owners do a lot with what they are given, but -- alas -- I would not drive halfway across the country to ride on a few hundred acres.

James

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
totally aggree, don't want to comment on/for buffalo it is a cool place, but as far as FVOR is concerned, I would be disappointed to go that far and ride a small park. Our riders are usually less then an hour away and come more often and ride between mowin the grass and washing the car? St Joe in MO would be another place to think about, or if you go south, Lincoln Trail, Planet X-treme, and LEOR would be three places that could be hit in one weekend.

wardy

Top Bottom