gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
Since some people are hiding out riding motorsickles somewhere, I thought I'd ask some important questions.

1- Is Chinese food healthy?

2- If not, why?

The good folks that run the Chinese restaurant near my office often dine when I'm there for lunch. They never seem to be eating anything that's on the menu. They usually SLURP down some kind of soup. And I mean SSSSLURRRP like your mom would have beaten you for doing at her table.

3- Is what is sold at a Chinese restaurant really Chinese food? Or is it just stuff that the Chinese people sell us?:think:

4- Why does it seem that there's a stereotype that Jewish people like Chinese more than other nationalities?

5- Isn't it odd that there aren't many stray cats around Chinese restaurants?

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Not sure if its healthy or not but everytime I eat it I get sick for about 3 days. Havent touched it in a few years.

Glitch

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
I love chinese food, rice and sweet & sour chicken is what I get, pretty darn good. But I usually get it only once or twice a month, becuase its fatty. They fry or deepfry or whatever the chicken, so its loaded with fat. And practically everything else they sell is fried in oil or fat. So, no, I'm pretty sure that its not good for you. And i dont think that they fry stuff as much over there as they do here, but i'm not 100% sure. But if you find some food they make that isn't fried, then its probably ok for you.

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
The one I go to sometimes has a big "mongolian skillet" all types of meat and veggies that you decide on and a guy cooks it in front of you....that's the good stuff along with the ice cream machine :cool:

490Dave

Mar 18, 2003
Originally posted by RMjeff
Not sure if its healthy or not but everytime I eat it I get sick for about 3 days. Havent touched it in a few years.

Im with ya on that one! Rice-a-Roni is as close to chinese i'll get these days.
My question is, are cats white, dark or red meat? or are they the strange "gray" colered meat in chinese dishes?

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
I have been pondering this point for ages , there is a pack and ship store near my house. well with all the cardboard and packaging material the place is a haven for mice. which isn't that strange but next door is a vet who specializes in cats and next door to them is a chinese food place.

anyway should I be happy the cats are in between the mice and food or are they trying to make their own circle of life microcosm :think:

gxdragon

Nov 13, 2002
Originally posted by gwcrim
Since some people are hiding out riding motorsickles somewhere, I thought I'd ask some important questions.

1- Is Chinese food healthy?

2- If not, why?

The good folks that run the Chinese restaurant near my office often dine when I'm there for lunch. They never seem to be eating anything that's on the menu. They usually SLURP down some kind of soup. And I mean SSSSLURRRP like your mom would have beaten you for doing at her table.

3- Is what is sold at a Chinese restaurant really Chinese food? Or is it just stuff that the Chinese people sell us?:think:

4- Why does it seem that there's a stereotype that Jewish people like Chinese more than other nationalities?

5- Isn't it odd that there aren't many stray cats around Chinese restaurants?
Deep frying and the gravys they use make it unhealthy. No, it is not real chinese food it is american style chinese. They don't eat all that gravy which is full of fat.

It isn't that Jewish people like chinese food more than others. On Christmas day everything is closed except for the chinese restuarants.

Cats kinda taste like chicken. :)

jaction125

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2003
Loaded with msg is what I hear. I still love the stuff though :thumb:

Someone is opening one across the street from me, the sign reads:

"Open"

"Chinese food"

"Coming Soon"

My brother calls it a cat refinery :laugh:

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
jmics.... you have your own little biosphere/food chain thing going on there. Neat! I wonder what a pitbull might do if introduced?

Cats kinda taste like chicken.

Have you ever? I mean really? :scream:

My brother calls it a cat refinery

LOL.... :)

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Jeff, MONOSODIUM GLUTAMATE (MSG) is probably why you get sick.

"the only true symptoms of MSG-sensitivity, (that
he called "Chinese restaurant syndrome"), were "burning, tightness,
and numbness," experienced simultaneously, that commenced between
10 minutes and 2 hours after the start of a meal, and lasted 4
hours or less."

dthoms

Oct 6, 2002
Asking whether or not Chinese food is healthy is like asking if American food is healthy.
Good Asian (Chinese) restaurants don't use MSG. Choices like sweet and sour chicken w/fried rice are surely fattening. But if you ordered chicken and Chinese vegatables with white rice you are going to be eating a healthier dish.
I've found if you frequent a good Asian restaurant, and they get to know you they will gladly tell you what dishes are better than others and even make you something that is not on the menu. These dishes are often better than what is on the menu.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
My dad is a retired beer truck driver, said he would never eat Chinese food after seein the back rooms.. :eek:

gxdragon

Nov 13, 2002
Originally posted by rickyd
My dad is a retired beer truck driver, said he would never eat Chinese food after seein the back rooms.. :eek:
I used to be a fast food manager. I'll just give the initals M.c.D.o.n.a.l.d.s. It depends which store you go to and a lot of it has to do with the neighborhood and what kind of help you get to work there. I had to work at a store in north Philly, I wouldn't eat the food unless I made it. My brother-inlaw delivers to BK, he said some of the stores are fiflthy, grease covered floors trash all over.

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
My first wife once worked at a Pizza Hut. And she would never eat at one.

Kinda like working at a sausage factory. :scream:

Given the basic ingredients of Chinese food, it sure does appear to be healthy. But then things are not always as they seem.

Since the proprietors of these places don't normally speak english very well, how would one question them about a mouthful like MSG?

SK 250

Sep 19, 2003
Its funny how some people get things in there head, I have a friend that swares he is allegic to MSG so he never eats Chineas, but yet in the sam ebreath will mash down like 5 hotdogs wich most are loaded with MSG, and ya the ones he was eating were loaded. I don't know I guess to each his own. I love chineas food, eat at least once a week, and sometimes three, and I am very healthy, 6'2" 205lbs, six pack, and I rarely hit the gym, but I am sure that this is due more to my motabolism than anything else. And the fact that I race MX and road race my TLR every other weekend.

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Real Chinese food is healthy. How many fat Chinese people do you see running around?

-jeffd

eldrm

~SPONSOR~
Nov 3, 2000
my 75 year old buddy Sheldon Kaufman once told me"if it wasn't for chinese food,the jewish people couldn't survive"........?

OutlawXR4

Sep 30, 2003
Yeah, sure Chinese food is healthy, if your eating "real" chinese food. The stuff at the buffets is americanised chinese food, or, in other words its fried food that tastes alot better to our fat, american asses. Can't help ya with the Jewish thing, I ain't never heard of that. And if its cat, give me the recipe, cause I can dispose of a few more, that food is the best.

Top Bottom