PSUG0lfPro

Jul 1, 2007
Im sure alot of you get tired of this right off the bat, but I fig. Ill post this right off the bat then get myself aquented!!! Thanks alot all

1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)
5'10" 195lbs

2) How physical / aggressive are you ?
Can be both, depends on my "comfertability" level

3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????
Mostly woods, fields and with friends

4) Do you have any riding experience?
Probably 3+ years with 4 wheelers, and rode a mini bike several times when I was just a kid, but really no experience on 2 wheels other then that and pedal bikes :nener:

5) Do you think you will race ?
Nope

6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?
Pretty much, but also have alot of friends that can help me

7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?
Not really on both, as far as brand, whatever looks good :) and is durable, love the power of the 2 stroke and sound of it, but on 4 wheels the lugging ability of the 4 stroke is nice

8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?
All and anything I can find

9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike?
Probably $1500 or less???

10) Do you live in California?
No

11) Your age?
Ill be 24 in 29 days

12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion
Just looking at getting started on 2 wheels, I really dont want to get somthing Im going to be bored with after a few months of riding. Eventually in a year I plan on moving up to some street bikes along with keeping the dirt

Thanks alot everyone, I really appreciate it!

May 10, 2007
maybe a crf250x or the equivalent

its a 4 stroke made for trails. great bike good even power elec start for when you get stuck on that hill that you always get stuck on for some reason

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
flyingfuzzball said:
maybe a crf250x or the equivalent

its a 4 stroke made for trails. great bike good even power elec start for when you get stuck on that hill that you always get stuck on for some reason
Yeah, if you can find a GOOD one in your price range. You have to be very careful when buying an older thumper. Ask specifics about maintenance and make sure to ride it. You could probly find a real nicely cared for few year old 125 for that much.

PSUG0lfPro

Jul 1, 2007
Yeah, I have seen some 125's in the price range as well as a few others, as far as maintence, which is easier, I forgot what I read, 4 strokes or 2?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
LOL! Dude save yourself a lot of heart ache and cash. For what you want to do get a used KDX200 or XR250 and you will be a lot better off than with a ragged out racer.

Top Bottom