13FoxTrot

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2018
Florida
Obviously the rules allow Craig to run in the 250 class but really? A 30-year-old with years and years of racing and race craft at this level, competing against teenagers? Doesn't seem fair in many ways. At 30, he's not far off his best years physical condition which is typically the late 20's. The big advantage though is mental, so much more experience, patience and race smarts than his young competitors. I don't see him losing this title if he stays on the bike.

There's a minimum age to race, maybe there should be a maximum age for the beginner class?

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Good question but what about racing 450s and then dropping back to 250s? Or going to arena cross after racing SX? I really feel for the guy that has his whole life wrapped up in racing with nothing to fall back on. Dropping down a class keeps a paycheck coming. As far as Craig, I'm surprised someone hasn't snapped him up for a 450 ride for a full ride. And the rules do let him race but he can only stay until he points out or defend his title for 1 season before they get forced to the 450s. There are guys that will watch their points so they don't point out so they can stay in the 250s...of course they will never be a challenger for a championship.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas

Top Bottom