Cinci/Dayton OHIO. Looking for people to ride.

tmoney

~SPONSOR~
Jan 16, 2002
Looking for folks that would be interested in riding this comming spring/summer. I do most of my riding about 30 min north of Mason OH (suburb of Cinci). Its about 38 acreas but has most everything from easy to very hard. Last year I raced the Vet class HS at Haspin Acreas (Laurel Indiana)...good group of riders made it alot of fun.

Would also like to learn about other trail riding areas around Cinci. that folks know of. They just closed Livingston.

I've ridden once at Eagle Creek about 45 min south of Cinci but I was alone and did not know the area so I could not really check it out too well. Seemed tight and looked like a great challenging place to ride.

Thanks.

Dirtman500

Jan 8, 2004
Distance doesn't matter when riding at a great place. I live approx. 50 miles South of Cleveland,Ohio but willing to travel. When the weather warms up...If it ever will come April... Let me know! Usually the first ride is at Rumble on the Ridge @ Adenia Ohio. First run on the thirty mile loop I like to get out in the very front away from joy riders and unleash the wrath of my 500! I love to go fast! What a rush! Going to ride @ Croom in Brooksville Florida the first week of March. Went last year and going again! Located off of I-75 in Brooksville Fla. entrance is accross from Croom Mobil gas station. Access road to parking areas runs North parallel to I-75. Anyone interested in a trip to Croom sould search Croom website for important details.
Always like to meet and ride with new people. There is roughly 7 of us that ride almost every weekend. Crow Canyon is also fairly close to us!

Redrider

Nov 2, 1999
There is also some very good riding in eastern Kentucky. There is an area known as Redbird on the Daniel Boone Parkway east of Lexington Kentucky. It consists of a 72 mile loop made up of very easy four wheeler wide trails to some pretty challenging single track. Our group rides there pretty regular. It would be worth the trip. We have run into guys from as far away as Canada there. People usually just camp in the parking lot and make a two day ride out of it. We rode there January 1. Give me a shout sometime in the spring and we will have to hook up.

motormichael

~SPONSOR~
Sep 26, 2001
Hey Redrider, Can the loop be rode inn 1 day? If not, do people just ride back up the road that divides the loop to the parking lot? How is the winter riding there?

dead

Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Apr 28, 2003
I'm in Dayton and am willing to ride anytime in any weather. One of the guys I ride with is a B class enduro rider. We ride Perry State Forest and Wayne National Forest. Also, ride Haspin Acre's once in awhile. Drop me an email sometime

kevin@deadtoself.net

Redrider

Nov 2, 1999
Sure the Redbird ride can be made in one day. If we actually ride and dont BS everytime we stop the entire loop can be ridden in about 4-5 hours moving at a pretty good clip. If you break down or tire out there are short cuts back to the truck. Winter riding is good there as long as there is no snow.

XR-MAN

~SPONSOR~
Sep 14, 2000
I am west of Dayton and ride with Dead. Always looking for more riders. I ride at Haspin, Wayne, Perry, Windrock TN, Eagle Creek Ky, Hat field McCoy WV. Send me a PM.

tmoney

~SPONSOR~
Jan 16, 2002
thanks for the replies. Once it warms up to about 45 I'll be ready to ride again. I've got a spreadsheet started with a ton of riding places within 3-5hours of Cinci. If you are interested send me your email. I'd really like to keep adding to it. I worked on it last summer. There are many places.

jennifer

Apr 3, 2002
Great to hear that people are riding in the dirt in Ohio. I was born and raised in Dayton... didn't know a soul who rode... I picked up dirtbiking in California 2 years ago. What a blast! Hope to make it home sometime to ride with you all!

Jennifer
KTM250RFS

dead

Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Apr 28, 2003
Originally posted by tmoney
thanks for the replies. Once it warms up to about 45 I'll be ready to ride again. I've got a spreadsheet started with a ton of riding places within 3-5hours of Cinci. If you are interested send me your email. I'd really like to keep adding to it. I worked on it last summer. There are many places.

add kevin_rucker@hotmail.com to your list. Would love to ride some new places.

dead

Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Apr 28, 2003
Originally posted by XR-MAN

Kevin,

Did you get your water pump fixed?

Yes and no.. TJ has the bike, still. I don't think he wants to give it back to me! He's having a problem with the cover sealing correctly. Said that it drips once the bike is running. I offered to help him but he seems to be set on doing it himself.

cr125freak

Jul 11, 2005
I live in the englewood dayton area,,, unfortunatley(sp) the bike is down for a while (since fall 2006) check out bigrock atv park, Its just south of the ohio river,,

Top Bottom