tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
Unfortunately, I think they are doing much more than thinking about selling. Anytime you can turn a 1m investment into 5m its pretty much a done deal.

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
I like that place. It was probaly their intention all along. An investment with a little income while they were looking for buyers.

photojojo

Jun 10, 2006
I went weekend before last and was supposed to go last weekend with the family, but didn't get to because of a get off on the street. Brad said that it looked like the city council was going to let the people vote on it, so that's a little bit of good news.

IMO Cross Bar is some of the best riding anywhere near this area. As many people as possible need to get up there and ride to show some support to the place. Make sure you go into town, act real nice, and spend some money.

larchitect07

Apr 16, 2007
To give a little insight on the deal. The potential buyer of the property was the owner of Chesapeake Energy out of OKC. He was offering the city of Davis 6 times what they paid for the land. He owns the surrounding acreages around the crossbar area and is a huge environmentalist from my understanding. Its good to hear that the city council voted it down, but I promise we are not out of the water.

photojojo

Jun 10, 2006
I agree. If the city does not see an increase in traffic out there next time the vote may go different. So get on your bikes and ride...at Cross Bar.

Top Bottom