Claimed compression ratios, late model mx bikes,,,

Jman271

~SPONSOR~
Oct 18, 2001
What is the deal w/ all the multiple compression ratios listed w/ bikes mfg's? Some,(Yami & Suzi) have it listed as 8.9:1-11.5:1, etc,,,,do these stand for corrected and uncorrected? If so, why list both? What gives?

steve125

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Come on J-man i know you smarter than that :worship: Hint... PV open , PV closed. :thumb:

Jman271

~SPONSOR~
Oct 18, 2001
OOOF! WTF! I have been diving into the A. Graham Bell book so deep that it totally slipped my mind!!!!! I have been looking at way too much math!!!!! I also think b/c I have been dealing w/ so many air cooled bikes w/ no PV. The good news is, I won't have to fiddle much longer doing the on paper conversion for un-corrected/corrected, as I order TSR this afternoon!!!!! Yahoo!!!!! Bi-Motion has been a big help, but I think the TSR is gonna take all of my stupidity out of it on my end, as when I do it all on paper, the human factor is very present, ya know? BTW Steve, thanks for not helping me look like a complete moron, I did it all by myself!!!!! LOL, let me know if you need any dimensions for TA, I hope to have the software by next Tues. See ya-

Faded

~SPONSOR~
Jan 7, 2003
Jman,

If it makes you feel better a while back I thought the two represented cylinder compression and crank case compression. :confused:

Jman271

~SPONSOR~
Oct 18, 2001
That was going to be my first guess, but it didn't make since the numbers werent that far off from each other ya know? Thanks for making me feel like I am not alone!!!!!

Top Bottom