• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Since the poll indicated a clarke tank but no color was specified and since the majority of posts indicated IMS "natural".....

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I vote for "form" over "function", and go black for pictures

crazy4nitro

Aug 31, 2005
I have never had one so I didnt vote. But wont "natural" discolor over a period of time? That might not matter to those who buy them,although it is a choice. :think:

If I did vote or buy one I think it would be Black.
My opinion only

Crazy

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
My bike has a 'natural' lower half of the tank and it is awesome for knowing how much gas is in the bike. Natural also doesn't show scratches as easy. Very functional and not bad to look at either.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Knowing how much gas is in your bike at a glance is a valuable asset to this bike, given it's intended use.
Black would Rock though! :aj:

highflyernick

Oct 12, 2004
Once you go black, you never go back! But seriously, black would look sicker and have the same function, as for seeing how much gas you have left, thats not a big deal... I can easily see how much gas I have left in my black tank...

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
highflyernick said:
. I can easily see how much gas I have left in my black tank...

Have you ever ridden your KX offroad????

Natural ! Though Papakieth got me thinking.... but thats a different topic.... ;)

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I'm sure he has ridden it offroad... the question is has he ever came into a harescramble scoring tent with 1 lap to go and only 15 seconds behind the leader? In that situation you want to be able to look down and see your fuel situation instead of having to stop, pull off the cap, slosh the tank and look just right into the black tank.

Ivan

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Thanks for the clarification Ivan...I guess I wasn't clear enough about what I ment.

Knowing how much gas is in your bike at a glance is a valuable asset to this bike, given it's intended use.

Like Ivan said, for knowing how much is in there without stoping or taking the cap off. And, it helps keep your pit crew from soaking your sack during mid race refueling.........Yea, I learned the hard way. 50 miles with the family jewels on fire! :yikes:

Last edited:

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
That was my third desert race, 100 miles of whoops.........great fun let me tell you...... :think:

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Weeks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom